Would love to be sleeping right now, but I cannot manage to turn off my brain for too long! I went to sleep okay at 11 and woke up at 3:33 with my mind going non-stop. If it's any consalation, in my dreams, she signed every time!
We probably spent more time with her yesterday then we did with charlies mom the entire time we were there. And I am cool with that, I just hope were not wearing her out! It just seems wrong for her to be there all by herself after just giving birth. Her twin is there, but her mom does not support her and has not been there. She may come up today, but jury is still out on if that's a good idea! Her godmother supports her, but does not want to come up and get in the middle of all this..and it just seems to me that when you have a baby you should be pampered and suported, so that's what we have been trying to do!
Everyone keeps asking when we will be home and I am pretty sure mom can sign on Friday after 2:23...48hrs after birth. If all goes good, I'd hope to be in the car by 4-4:30....but who knows!
Were good, but my brain is tired from "trying to give her space and time with him, but still trying to let them know we already love him and are excited". The sister asked me yesterday if we were excited and I said yes. I felt bad that she even had to ask, so I told her yes we were thrilled, so excited I could just scream, but we realized our exvitment came at a price for them so we were just trying to tone it down..... So awkard to go through such personal situations with people you met a week ago!! I can tottally tell that bonding with this mom will be a breeze...it's already so much eaiser and more relaxed!!
Alright, enough for know..I'm gonna soak in a bath and attempt to return to bed!!
As a side note, there's no spell check when I post on my phone, so sorry in advance!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Sleep
Posted by
amie
at
3:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
wow! very exciting :-) who could sleep with all that going on?!
For what it is worth, I am feeling really good about this! She is very blessed to have you both there. Yes, it may be awkward, but that is probably the reason you have bonded so easily and quickly - you are sharing such personal stuff.Thank you for putting her needs and feelings above yours, I'm thinking God is going to reward you both big time! Expecting joy Friday at 4:30! MORE joy that is! Love you - all four!
Sleep is some times overrated! Thinking about you and Bradley! I cannot imagine all of the mixed emotions you all are feeling. She is lucky to have you both there. Love you guys and cannot wait to meet baby Easton! Andrea
I had you on my heart SO HUGE last night... couldn't sleep either. So, God and I had quite a chat. :) Then I did my own late night blogging at 2:30am!! Anyways, I am so glad you're feeling so great about your relationship with mom and sister. Amazing... you're using this time to bless HER, and that is just so great. And I just KNOW today is going to be a great day!! AND TOMORROW! Love y'all!
Hang in there. 24 more hours! We're praying for you in Spring.
We are praying for you in Hurst, too. (This is Melanie's mom)
Post a Comment