"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be strong" Exodus 14:14
"I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Luke 11:9-10
"..pray and do not give up." Luke 18:1
"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you."John 15:7
"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings , because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
"Rejoice, in the Lord always . I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4
******************************
Tell me you can see where this is going.....!!!!!!!
Yup, we got "THE CALL"!!!!!!!
We had a conference call with our two caseworkers....the same two from last time...and we got all the background info and history and Bradley and I have decided to move forward with this match!! We will meet mom on Mon or Tues of next week and the baby BOY is due...wait for it....in 15 days!!!!!!!
I am thrilled, filled with joy, glowing, rejoicing and thanking my God for answering our prayers! I would be lying if I did not point out that I am a bit worried about things not going well at the end. This mom has every intention of placing her baby boy with us..assuming the match meeting goes well on Monday and we all still like each other !!!......, but I have the knowledge from our last adoption that I carry with me.
Not every mom follows through, and I can understand why. I have a child and cannot imagine how she must feel..so I will not be mad at anyone if this does not go how I want it to..but I will be so, so, so disappointed.
When I was saying my prayers today before the conference call, I covered today, the next 15 days, the time in the hospital and when it came time to pray for the day that she signs over her rights, I physically be came sick to my stomach and began to sob. I want this boy so bad, but I am terrified of that day. I am saying this now and getting it out here, but I will not dwell on this for the next 15 days. When I get to Abilene for the delivery, all bets are off..I will be talking about all my emotions, but from now until then....I will only allow joy to be felt!!
With that said, I ask your prayers for my family in these next two weeks, were gonna need them!!
This shirt was purchased a year ago for our first match..it is to small, but you can bet I was putting it on!!
When we told Charlie he goes"Yea!" So , went on to say that he was going to be a BIG brother to his new little brother and he got super excited and grabbed his chin and said, " I gonna get whisker's now!!" The term "big boy" in our house apparently means getting some facial hair!!
This was after a long dinner with our out of control little man..I am blaming his new molars, but he better get over this soon cause mommy and daddy are getting worn out from the whining..and I don't see things getting better in 2 weeks!!!!**********************
While you are praying for my family please include my brother Aric and his family in your prayers. Aric leaves tomorrow for Iraq for 7 months. I don't know how they do it, but they are a strong Christan couple who weather the storms placed in front of them like champs. I love them and I am so grateful for Aric's desire to serve our country. I am grateful to our military .....one airman in particular!
***************************************
***************************************
I just wanted to ask a quick favor..if I am friends with any of you on facebook..can we not post anything about this second adoption on facebook. I am friends with the people related to this adoption and I don't want any adoption talk going down on Facebook.....no one has said anything, it just makes me uncomfortable. Thank you!!!!

16 comments:
Oh, my face HURTS from smiling for you tonight!!!! Especially while reading all of that! SO SO SO SO SO excited to meet my newest little buddy, Easton. Putting the girls to bed tonight and praying for him.... I guess I got my tears out because I was all smiles! God is SO GOOD, all the time.
Praying for Aric and fam....
YEA!!! I'm so happy for y'all!!! I can't help shed some tears of joy for you. Sending you hugs! It's going to be a busy two weeks!! Congratulations!
God made mother's hearts so amazing. They can break into when one of her kids are hurting, they can swell with pride at how God blessed her, they can bust with absolute 'immeasurably more joy' ALL AT THE VERY SAME TIME! I had just included some of those very same scripture in my post to Aric and Amber and then flip over here and smile because you are so amazing. When Moses crossed the Red Sea, the VERY first thing he did was to praise God. I'm not surprised to see that that was your very first thought. I am so very excited for you and Bradley and Charlie. I am smiling when I remmeber how 35 years ago I got similar news and how my life has been changed for the better by two little boys (and then their amazing sister a few years later) of how amazing it will be for Charlie to grow up with a brother. Words are not my friend this morning. I love you all so very much, all four of you.
Praise God!! I'm so thrilled. Melanie texted me last night, and I got goosebumps. I'll be praying for a smooth delivery and for no snags along the way. I'm also praying for Aric. I follow Amber's blog. You're right. I don't know how they do it.
We are so very thankful about the news of this baby. Selfishly, I think the timing is AMAZING. The thought of getting to hold a new little boy cousin and singing, "God is so Good" to him really helped Sage with her emotions last night. She knows Daddy is going, but is so excited about a new little cousin.
I'm telling them that we need to keep you guys in our prayers and Sage interupts me and says, "We need to pray for the birth mom too!"
Hmmm, I'm going to have to go do some shopping. Even though someone I know has been planning and storing up for awhile...
What great news to wake up too! I'm super happy for you!Will for sure keep y'all in my prayers for ALL these days coming up!
Also, I will pray for your brother and his family. I have a brother in the Army as well.
Oh Amie, I am SO, SO, SOOOOO happy for you all. I will say an extra prayer (or two or three...) for your family. HOORAY! YIPPEE!
Yea!!! Soooooo happy for you, Bradley, and little Charlie!! I can't beleive the baby is due in 15 days!!! :)
I know you are over the moon right now :)
Congrats! Can't wait to see him!
So happy for you all! (I'm one of Aric and Amber's friends in GA) I've been keeping you in my prayers and will continue to do so! Praying for Aric too... my husband and I have been through 3 deployents to Iraq and I'm so glad Amber decided to go to TX while he is gone. Support and prayer is the only way to get through it.
i don't comment often, but I keep up with you and i am SOOOO HAPPY! I will keep this next two weeks and especially the birth day in my prayers. Oh I am just SO happy for y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you and of course I'm taking all of the credit for this.
I love you
--Aric
Oh Amie,CONGRATULATIONS!! You guys are going to be so blessed having two little guys racing around. Watching the bond between brothers is absolutely amazing, and I thank God every day for our two little boys. Wow, only two weeks...We are so VERY excited for you and Bradley.
Feydra
Amie- I am sooooo Happy for you guys! I try to follow on your blog the best I can since I don't work at the hospital anymore. Anyway- I will say a BIG prayer for all of you during this time.
Brandie
Amie,
I am so happy for you and Bradley! I have been praying without ceasing for the past 30 days after reading your one year post. I know the heartache that can come from waiting for God to answer but I also know the joy that comes from having our requests answered. Here is my all time favorite "cling to" verse during transistion times.
1) The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in EVERY detail of their lives. Psalms 37:23(NLT)
I love how it says that He is every detail b/c He delights in us. I will pray for the details to be ironed out and for the next two weeks as you prepare for Easton. Good times ahead!
Susan
Very good news and lots of prayers being said for you, Bradley, Charlie and the birth mother during the next few weeks and after!! :) :) :) God IS good!!
SO HAPPY for you guys!!! i know how HARD this process is, the wait, the unknowns. praying for peace for all and especially for the birthmom to allow GOD to guide her and make it be known that this little boy is meant for you and bradley!
hugs!!
Post a Comment