Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 1 in Abilene!

So, I woke up on Wed to morning with contractions, well, at text say that Easton's mom was having contractions! I knew from Charlies mom that just because there was contractions , it did not mean labor and it did not mean a baby that day. But since her Dr apt showed her at 3cm the day before, I was pretty confident that this was baby day. The texting back and forth continued until around 11 when I got the text that said "They are admitting her, head to Abilene!!!" I called Bradley and he headed home from work..I was mostly packed already..shocked, I know..so there was really little to do! When he got home we headed out to Abilene. I think it was about thirty minutes into the drive when I got a text say she was a 6..thirty min later a text saying they broke her water..thirty min later she got her epidural and thirty min later..she was pushing! 2 pushes and he was out! I knew after the text about her water breaking that we'd miss it..so I texted them permission to have the baby without us!! It worked out well that we missed it because it gave her 30 min of time with him before we got there.

Have you ever been in the room with someone during delivery or right after..it's kinda personal and personal things happen...it's really kinda odd to do those things with people you have only met once! Luckily, most pregnant woman could care less right after they have the baby so that makes it a little better! We stayed for just a short bit..we went to get mom lunch and to go buy a camera cause we were itching to take pictures of our little man...who, if we are being honest, did not feel like our little man at this point. Here is some photos from right when we got back. Right before we left they came to take him to the nursery to warm up..his temp was so cold, they could not even get it to measure! He finally warmed up to 94.9 so he stayed in the nursery for 3-4 hrs...his temp was supposed to be higher then 97.7..little man was COLD!!
One of the first things I feel in love with was his hair! That was the one and only thing I wanted to give my children was my hair...did not really care to pass on any other features, but I have always like my hair. So I was pumped when we saw his hair and the nurse looked at me and said "well, kinda looks like he got your hair" When your children are adopted, no one ever gets to do the whole.."Oh, he got your hair, Bradley's nose, etc", and that's fine, but after 2 1/2 yrs of lots of people saying how much Charlie and Bradley look alike and share the same mannerisms..it was nice to get one thing kinda like me!....watch it all fall out next week and come in jet black!!!!!!

his poor face was quite swollen at first!

You can tell how he felt about his bath!

But he did love to have his hair washed! When it was all wet, he looked bald..like shinny, bicked bald head!!

This may have been the greatest part of his day!!

This is my favorite picture from day one..minus the fact that it made him look big, when he is actually tiny, this one looks most like him!
My goal is to do all of Abilene and get caught up..and if his feeds can go every 3-4 hr, there is a decent chance of that happening!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little gift from God! He is really beautiful. Good for you, Amie and Bradley!