I very clearly remember being about 5-6 years old, sitting at Brown trail Church of Christ singing in church. I remember thinking to myself that if I could just learn how to read a song book and go to college that I would be good..in terms of what I needed to accomplish in my life:) At 5 years old, I had check list in my head..that in itself is a whole different post!
When Bradley and I started trying for a family, I wanted to follow a plan I had in my head..you know the one...so many kids by so many years old..and I feel like I am not the only one to ever have that plan:) So, when we were told we more then likely would never have biological children...my plan was rocked. I wanted to be a mom more then anything in the world and I believed that God had placed that desire in my heart...so I never doubted that I would have children....I doubted how my God was going to get it done on my timeline. Every month that we waited and did not have a baby, I admit that grew more anxious about my plan.
I heard many time to "Trust in God" and I did trust in God, but I needed to trust in God and release my own ideas of what my perfect family looked like. I always felt that was a fine line for others to understand. While I did trust in God, lots of my trusting still involved me being proactive towards adoption stuff....I was never a fan of just sit and wait. An AWESOME friend once made me feel better by pointing out that if I had breast cancer, I would trust in God and then haul my cookies to a Dr ASAP. It's the same in that..I had a medical diagnosis (premature ovarian failure and decreased ovarian reserve) and while I trusted in God..I hauled my cookies to a Dr and then an adoption agency. I always felt some people misunderstood that for not trusting and relying on God. You must do that, but you have to be an active participant in your life too.
I still have my list...but I would like to think I have mellowed a bit:) That chuckle may have been God laughing:) I am still an active participant in my life..but I hope I go with the flow and handle the curve balls that come our way with some kind of grace:)
I just wish more that anything to go back and tell 25 yr old Amie to trust Gods timing..that his plan and his list is greater than her list. That when he tells us he will bless us immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine..that he means it. That I can sit around and come up with brilliant life plans..but his will always be better. I just wish I could have made her believe that it was all going to be more amazing than she could ever wrap her head around..and that God would take her plan..and trump it!
And with that I guess I should let you in on Gods latest plan for our family...
Harper Jane Way
coming around Nov 1st!!!!!!!
There is so much to tell you and fill you in on, but the things I get asked all the time are..
*We have known for almost a month now.
* This baby will be Easton's half sister.
*Easton's mom asked us to adopt this baby when she was about 33 weeks...we did not know she was pregnant before she asked us.
*Since we already know M and have a great relationship with her, this will be a private adoption..which means it will be 1/5 of the cost the other adoptions...HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God!!!!!!!!
*We found out it was a girl about 2 weeks ago:) We could not come up with a name that we both liked more then Harper... so we stayed with the name we chose 3 years ago..Harper. We changed the middle name to Jane this time!
*She is due Nov 1st..we return from Disney on Oct 29...this is a stress to me. Don't ask what we are doing because we don't know!
We are beyond thrilled with Gods plans for our family. I could not be more thrilled that I get to do this with M again...we have such a special bond and that makes this time so stinkin fun for me!!! Thank you for your prayers in the upcoming weeks as we prepare and bring home Harper Jane Way!!!!!!
...as I went to hit publish I got a bit anxious..once its on the Internet that makes it real, right?!?!?!

9 comments:
I am SO excited for you Amie! God is GOOD :) What a lucky little lady to join your family and I LOVE her name! Prayers your way for sure!! :) :) :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!! HOW EXCITING!!!
Woohoo!! Lovely name, too. This is such awesome news.
Amie, I love, love, love your blog! You always inspire me! I love how you trust in God! I am soo excited for your family welcoming a little girl. Your family will have 2 boys and a girl just like you did growing up. God's plan is amazing. Cannot wait to meet her. Love you all! Andrea
Yea! Congrats! That is great news!!! A little girl! Love her name and can't wait to see her! :) Enjoy picking out girl stuff!
I love her already so much, I can't stand it. :)
Once again, thank you for sharing your heart. SUCH a testimony!!
Glad it is finally on the internet and "official." Love y'all... all FIVE of you!
I am so glad you trusted God and used all gifts HE gave you to help create this amazing family! Can't wait to squeeze on Miss Harper!!
I LOVED the 5 year old Amie with the list in her sweet little blond head. I LOVED the 25 year old Amie with her filled to the brim planner. And I LOVE the #$ year old Amie with the wisdom and grace God has given her. Can't tell you how happy I am for your family. Actually, Miss Harper Jane is just the icing on the cake!
I'm so stinkin' excited for your family and the new addition. I am absolutely over the moon with excitement and can't wait to hug on sweet little Harper Jane (LOVE the name, by the way)! God has done great things with your life and I can't wait to see this latest development come to fruition. She is just as blessed to have y'all as y'all are to have her. I love her already and can't wait to welcome her. Now we can have another jogging partner!
Post a Comment