We got the call today that we are approved and matched!!!!! Our baby is due on August 19th!! I cannot tell you how much I have jumped, screamed, cried, prayed and screamed so more..and prayed more and cried a lot more!!!! This was such an answered prayer..I know you all know that, but I just cannot say enough how God has blessed my family. I have prayed for 2 years for a baby and since we started the adoption process I have prayed very specifically for certain things I wanted..I wanted the baby in August since our baby was due August 25th..I wanted it either 3 month before Laura or after so Allene could have time with both her Grandbabies.....so she could spread out the excitement of a newborn.....I wanted it while Amber and the kids were here so we could finally have a baby with all the family and grandkids together..it could only be made better by Aric being home. I was specific to God because He ask me to be and He answered all my prayers with a yes and I am so grateful for that. He "is able to do immeasurably more then we can ask or imagine" and this is witness to that. I am asking for prayers for everything to go on without a hitch or hold up. Nothing is official until 48 hours after the birth of the baby. I hesitated to post this because if it did not go well that is more people I have to tell it did not work out, but we choose to post it and ask for prayers.
When we were pregnant we told the whole world knowing it would maybe not end well, and it did not. But we told people anyway. A friend of mine told me once that her daughter told her she was pregnant early one and then lost it days later and those few days when she knew she was on cloud nine. She was grateful for those moments of joy before the sorrow. So we share our joy with you and ask your prayers....for the love, pray for me to calm down..I was actually unable to eat today..I am a bramlett/sikes girl at heart and that is not normal!!! Anyway, here is what we know!!
*due Aug 19th
* do not know sex of baby
*baby is 1/4 African American..is that right..mom is white and dad is 1/2 black and 1/2 white.
*dad has already signed away his rights
* mom is 16 and dad is 17
*pictures of baby bedding is below..will post pics of black furniture once we buy it on Sun
We will meet with the birth mom, her mom and birth dad next Friday and hopefully have more information.....
Anyway, we will keep you updated...keep those prayers comming!!
Thursday, July 26, 2007
I going to be a mommy!!!!
Posted by
amie
at
9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

38 comments:
you made me cry - for the third time tonight! I sang 'God is SO good' to Noah to put him down and could barely get through it - especially the verse, 'He answers prayers' I love you, I love Bradley and I love your sweet baby excedingly more than I could have ever imagined. I can't wait to see him/her in your arms.
Love the post! Can't wait for Aric to see it or hear from you!
Yea! (I am the 1st to post!!) I am soooo excited for y'all!!!!! I cant believe it! WOW!! I cant stop smiling! Isn't it wonderful how God answered all of your prayers with a "yes"!? He had a plan for you and this baby all along. This is really great news!!! And the baby bedding is adorable and will look soooo good with that black furniture! Can't wait to see it! I will pray that everything goes well and know that we are over here jumping up and down for yall!! GREAT NEWS! :) Wooo Hooo! So exciting! You should sit down tonight and write your baby a letter!
Love yall!!!
OK...so not the 1st to post...while I was typing your mom and Amber got ahead of me...but still, I am glad that I got to read about this news tonight :)
Amie, I am so excited for you two! I am praying that this will contiue to go as smoothly as possible! I love the baby bedding! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more!
You have been a mommy in your heart for a long time now. Praise our Heavenly Father for knowing your's and Bradley's faith and turning into sight. I too can't wait to see you three as a family. I love you. Beverly
So happy for you guys!!!!
I am up late working and decided to look at my e-mails...thanks Brenda for sending me an e-mail! I read your e-mail and ran to the living room to tell Bill the GREAT news and....couldn't get anything to come out of my mouth!! I was crying! We are both so happy for you two! God has blessed you! I know the feelings you are having now! That baby will be here before you know it. And know this...there are usually pitfalls along the way (even with just 3 weeks to go) but just keep on keeping on.. they will all work out! We are all praying for you!
I'm proud for you and Bradley and i think you're more than up to the task at hand. This baby's fortunate to enter the world with such a fine, Godly couple waiting to take him/her as their own. I'm confident that you'll both be fantastic parents, and I myself can't wait for the new arrival. If the room needs any final preparations, i will be more than happy to come out and help in any way possible. I love you both, and admire you for wanting to give this child a home.
Yea!!!! This is truly your little blessing. As you know, we love you with or without a child. We want nothing more than to see you guys as a big and happy family. This is a great start! We are so excited for you and Bradley. Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything!!
By the way... Kristy is actually (Amanda) - the only google account I have is business. Kristy set it up. :)
YEA!!!! I am so very very excited and happy for you guys. I know you have been waiting so long and I will continue to pray that everything goes well through the remainder of the process. God is so very good. I can't wait to meet your sweet baby. Congrats!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I love your braveness and faith and determination. Apparently God thinks you can handle waiting long periods of time for things you ask Him for. I'm proud of you both and thank you for sharing your excitment with me. Will you get to stay home with your little Amie or little Bradly? Love you lots grannybarbie
Oh yes the bedding--Well guess right now I don't care about the bedding. He or she can sleep in a box as long as it's your box. Love grannybarbie
Amie and Bradley,
I know that everyone is celebrating. May God bless you, calm you, and give you the peace that all is well in His arms.
Love, Anita
AHHHHHHHHHHHH! I checked this last night and there was nothing... I check on you everyday. And today, first thing in the morning, the news is LIFE CHANGING!! Oh my goodness, I am so thrilled for you that I don't know what to do first!! I'll have to call you in a second, but I have to "call" God first. :) LOVE YOU! SO SO SO SO SO happy!
Amie and Bradley,
I am sooooooo excited for the two of you, you have no idea. You know God was just waiting for the "perfect" child to be brought into this world JUST FOR YOU!! You know the prayers and the excitement are definitely pouring in from Oklahoma. These next three weeks are going to be the toughest, so I'm sure your ocd will get definitely worked through lol. Love you both.
You two have loved and given to just about everyones kid I know. B/c of that, you are seeing that same love sent back to you. I hope you are overwhelmed with God's love during this time. I hope we don't fail God in that area. You two have taught all of us so much by your example. The greatest teaching there is. And I don't know what made me cry more - knowing how excited you are or reading the excitement from others and knowing the impact you have on others. God has giveth and taken away. Blessed be his name. This is so Awesome. 3 weeks!!! Yeah!
We are so excited to hear your fantabulos news. David and I will be lifting you up in prayer until the big day. What a blessing this baby is getting to have the two of you as parents. Also I think polka dots are great so I love love the bedding. love ya, Becky B
Wow! Our God is an AWESOME God! Amie & Bradley - We are thrilled for you guys! Paul and I are secretly praying for a little boy so that London can have a playmate...just kidding; we're really just praying for a healthy, happy baby, and a safe arrival. We'll be praying for the three of you. In the mean time, slow down and get plenty of rest - you're going to need it!
Amie and Bradley! Congratulations!! I was so surprised to see your post! I can't believe you're going to have your baby in just a few weeks!! I can't wait to meet him or her. God is good. Wow, I'm just so amazed! Congratulations again! I'll be praying for y'all!!! Love ya!!
Bradley & Amie,
Dad & I are overjoyed at the exciting news. Truely our cups runneth over. We are so proud of your faith and the way you trusted God in this long period of time that you have waited to begin your family. Now we will pray for the birthmother's health and your precious unborn baby. We are can't wait to be grandparents!
Lamentations 3: 22
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; GREAT is your faithfulness."
Oh Amie!! I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Jodi has been whispering your prayers into my ear for years, so I have been following your journey. Please, please, please post your baby registry on your blog. Nothing would make me more happy than to bless your new little one with something super fun!!
Julie (Jodi's cousin)
SOOO Excited and SOOOO Thrilled for yall! We love you and we're praying!
We are so happy for you! You are going to be awesome parents, and I know that sweet baby is going to bless your lives as much as you are going to be a blessing to him/her. I am so proud and excited for you! Thanks so much for sharing your happiness with us!
So happy for you two!! I just knew it was going to be real soon--and that it was !! You will continue to be in our prayers as well as the birth family. God IS SO GOOD!
Wow, you guys and this baby are so loved! I have to echo that I am soo excited for you and can't wait to meet your little one. I finally started crying when reading how much everyone loves y'all, I knew it would come I just didn't know when-don't worry I'm still available for squealing 24/7! God is good!
YEAH!! Sam and I are SO excited for you guys. What great news!!
Wonderful news. Thanks for being the highlight of my Friday. We as your family celebrate your blessings. We will continue to pray for God's guidance for the next 3-4 weeks. Thank you for your excitement. rp.
Tears came to my eyes when I told Ryan your WONDERFUL news! We are so happy for you both. You are in our prayers.
Love,
Kelly
congratulations! You have many fun times ahead.
Cindy
congratulations! you may not remember me, I'm a friend of Adam and Christy's up in Oklahoma, but she sent me your blog--and I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to read more about your precious baby. We'll keep you in our prayers!
Heather
Hello Ms. Amie, and Bradley,
Vicki told me about the updates, so i wanted to let you know, we are praying for you two, and the arrival of the new member of your family. Please keep the updates coming...
We love you both,
Scott & Vicki Hagler
Hagsplace@yahoo.com
(817) 366-3096
Congrats!! You are in my prayers! That baby will be here before you know it!! I cannot wait to see pictures of the little bundle of joy.
Congrats, Claudia
what amazing news! i loved reading of all the ways you prayers have been answered with this little baby that is going to be yours! God is so good and your baby is going to be so loved and blessed daily to have you guys for parents. i am touched by your story and faith through this process. and now your day to become a mom is just around the corner. what an amazing miracle!!! i can't stop thinking about y'all, and praying for these next few weeks and all the baby's lifetime to come!
Danny and I and Rich and Allene (Amie and Bradley's parents) are in beautiful Colorado on vacation together and just wanted you all to know that we are keeping the blog open and read your comments every few hours. Reading all your comments have brought tears to our eyes - the happy kind! We are overwhelmed at the love shown to our children by all of you. We feel so blessed to share them and this incredibly happy, exciting time with you. We are all so blessed - our cup overflows!
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations. A little baby is always so exciting. What a lucky little baby it will be. Soon as I read your message I stopped and prayed for you to calm down. I know it was hard for you to do.
Post a Comment