Not a lot of pictures from Day 2..Easton was in special care nursery for most of the day due to his temp. They decided after he warmed up for the third time..that it was not him causing him to get cold, but his environment. This was/is probably one of the most stressful/frustrating parts of adoption. My role in the hospital is to be supportive and keep my mouth shut...not speak up for my child, because while we are there, he is not "mine". I knew he was cold and why he was cold, but I did not feel is was in our best interest to go tell anyone what to do. So I sat there as he kept being unwrapped and played with..despite the nurse saying he must be kept in 2 or 3 blankets. When the nurse came back and he was without ANY blankets, she temp'd him and he was 96.7..this time he bought himself an isolette. This was my first time to cry..1 of 2 times. When we got to the car I was so frustrated (I cried in the car, not in front of anyone..just to clarify!)...because I knew that we had just bought ourselves another day in Abilene, another hotel night and another day away from Charlie...I was so frustrated because I felt that if I was in charge, he'd have stayed wrapped and since I was not....nothing I could do about it. No longer an issue since he is home and we are now in charge! We visited him a few times that day, but only got him out once...which I was more then willing to just pass on that day. I wanted him warm and I wanted to give him every chance to come home on time. But the nurse insisted on getting him out for us..almost demanded! It was nice though..it was our 2nd time to hold him and the only time while we were there that it was just the three of us!
I am planning to write an big "thanks" to the nurses there. When we were there with Charlie we got no love. No one (medically speaking) acknowledged us, spoke to us, addressed us..nothing. And to a point I get that, they are the mom, until they sign we are really nothing....but Charlies mom would defer questions about him to us..like do we want him circ'd, and then they still would not even look at us. This time around we were sooooo loved! Nurses went out of their way to be nice, include us, ask us what we needed..I even had one call me on my cell to make sure I was okay after they put him in special care nursery..they were AWESOME!! And how great they were to me was nothing on how great they were to Easton's mom..all of them really were great....and I work in a hospital and know that is rare!!!!

8 comments:
I am LOVING the play by play pics and stories of Abilene. You always do such a great job of expressing how things are and how you feel. It will be a treasure to your boys. :)
He is SO SO SO cute, I can hardly stand it!! Can I puhleeze jump through my computer screen, soft his cute little blonde hair, and squeeze him?!?! OH. MY. WORD. Love him.
Love you! See you soon!!! :)
Amie! (Melanie's kid sister, here!) I am sooo excited for you, Bradley, and Charlie! Easton is so cute!! I love his blonde hair! I am very overwhelmed with emotions for y'all and have been teary all weekend when I thought about y'all (in a good way!) Congratulations!!!
Amie, he is SOOOO cute!!!! I love his little face and how he has your hair :)
He's perfect!!
If you're going to have to get up and feed him at night every 2 hours, at least he's cute :) that helps! haha
Thanks for the pictures! I love his little face. I love the picture of Bradley, too funny!
It was great last night at church talking to Addison and Katie about meeting him. Addison said that Charlie covered his eyes up, too funny! They were soo excited.
So glad that things are going well. Cannot wait to meet him. Hang in there girl, this only lasts a little while. Love ya!!
Amie!! I am so happy that you have a precious Easton (too)!! He is just beautiful and perfect and looks really warm now! I just can't tell you how much good this does my heart! We are on the "call list" for a domestic adoption now and just waiting on "the call". Seeing you and your journey reminds me that God's timing is perfection. Thanks Amie!
Amie, I am absolutely excited you and the family. Easton is absolutely precious! Hopefully soon you will have signed papers! I will keep in you in my prayers.
very cute! I was telling Jeff about your story on the way to Austin this weekend and he said that was one of the sweetest and most selfless things he had ever heard. He is a man of few words so I thought you would like to hear those sweet ones about you guys. Praying for you all!!!
I read this first time on Monday but have to say thanks for the play by play :) I really love the smile detection feature and the pictures that resulted from it too! haha
Post a Comment