Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Random Info..

Okay, I realize that I have more to share about all this adoption stuff....I tell mom one thing, but forget to tell dad the same thing and I remember to tell Abbe and Amber one thing, but tell Christy something different!! So here are some of the common things that people keep asking!

1. His name is going to be Charlie Walker Way...it's country, but we love it!

2. Cady, birth mom, has said Bradley and I can be in the delivery room....I will, but Bradley will step out when it's time to push..at his request!!

3. We went to Cady's Dr. apt yesterday and she is still dilated to 1.5 and there were no changes in her cervix. They plan to induce on Tuesday the 14th...6 days away..as long as her body has made some changes on her own by her Monday visit..i.e...dialate more or cervix change

4. We plan to communicate to birth mom, her mom, and sisters and birth dad via email after Charlie is born....we wanted an open adoption and are grateful they want to keep in communication. We think it will make things so much easier for Charlie.

5. Cady called yesterday to ask what our nursery was done in..she wanted to make sure that what they bought him would match our nursery.

6. We will be in the hospital 48 hours after Charlie is born. We are planning to spend a lot of time in Cady's room so we can be with Charlie and so they can also. Maybe on the second night we may get a room in the hospital by ourselves to keep Charlie in there with us... if that is what Cady wants.

7. We will probably see Cady and Mark, birth father, in Feb when we return to Abilene for our consummation......the official adoption stuff.

8. Cady is 5'1 and Mark is a little under 6 feet....he is the shortest in his family with all the other men being 6-6'6...our little Charlie may not be so little.

9. The "predicted birth weight" is in the 6lb range... Cady is tiny and her little body cannot hold a 8 lb baby..per her family and the Dr.

10. They will not let Cady go late on her delivery date because they want to give her time to recover and heal before school starts.

11. I will take off work for 15 weeks..hopefully!! It will be unpaid after 1 month when I use up my vacation time, so if I head back early it's cause were "baby broke"!!!!

12. Bradley will take off about a week...he is saving up his vacation time for our next vacation.

13. We are taking vacation while I am on maternity leave...please don't leave a rude comment about us taking vacation with a newborn...we deserve it!!!!!!..and even if we don't were taking one!!

14. My mother-in-law Allene will watch Charlie when I return to work and my mom and Christy will also help out if needed.

15. We love Cady....she matches us so well and we could not have gotten a better birth mom!!

16. Adopting a baby is a great way to lose weight..5lbs in 1.5 weeks.......I have never been so nervous..excited...anxious..stressed in my life..but I am loving every minute of it!!

The furniture is in and the room is coming together and I think I may be able to get more sleep this weekend!! My BFF from nursing school is coming in town Monday. Other BFF Abbe, and Heidi & me are going to play on Monday. Just what I needed!!

Oh yea.....the pictures that I will soon post of Charlie will be AWESOME because my family and friends ROCK!! My brothers and their wives, another couple from church..our vacation buddies.. and my parents all got together and got us a new camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ours kinda broke in Bermuda this year..well did not break, but you cannot guarantee a great pic every time. Now we wont have to miss any photo opts of Charlie!! You guys are awesome!!!!! Thanks so much!! I'll keep you guys updated!!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like everything is coming together perfectly! ...So, you will be a mom in less than a week! How fun :)

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Wow! I am so excited for you.

Jodi said...

So excited.... so excited! Can't wait for the BIG news! Have you gotten to see the sonogram yet??

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are being sensitive to the birth mothers feelings. As a former "birth mother" those 48 hours were "my" time with my baby. He's 8 now and just stayed with my for 2 weeks this past summer...I have a great relationship with his whole family.
Anna

Jodi said...

Oh, and use that new camera to take more pics of the room once you get everything set up! :)