Sunday, August 5, 2007

It's a boy..and his name will be Charlie!!!!

This will be short cause I am tired and it's past my bedtime!! We met with the birth mom and we LOVED her! I could not have asked for more. I prayed that God would allow her to speak and let Bradley and I feel comforted by her words and feel confident that she will not change her mind about choosing us....my prayers were answered. I could not feel more confident that Gods hand is in this adoption. We met with birhtfather's mom also and she gave us great insight into dad..we also felt we got along great with her too. As you saw/heard....it's a boy!!!! I am thrilled and even more excited for Bradley. We decided on Charlie...we wanted to honor Grandad and since we love Easton so much we decided not to use it as a middle name..but save it for the next one. We are still deciding on a middle name.

We head to Abilene on Tuesday for a doctor apt and will hopefully know more about an arrival date then. The Doctor does not feel mom will make it to her due date and there has been talk of induction...you know I am not a fan of induction, but it is so mom can recover and start school on time. They will only induce if her cervix is thinned. She has dilated to 1.5cm and the baby has dropped and is engaged...so, maybe a baby this week......yikes!!

I have pictures from this weekend, but it will be later rather then sooner before they are up! Thanks so much for your prayers..please keep them coming. Please remember the birth mom, Cady, and her family. This will not be easy on them and she is making the hardest decision ever...a good one, but so hard. Please pray for peace and comfort for her family. Thank you all!

5 comments:

beverly said...

As I write this through my tears, I join you in joyful thanksgiving to our Father, who gives Life, and gives it more abundantly.
Daddy would be so honored, to have a little Charlie, and I coudn't be happier for you, unless it were to happen today. I love you both.and can't wait to see him

Emily said...

I am so glad everything went well and I can't wait to meet Charlie!

Tracy said...

YEA! Boys are cool! :)

I can't beleive that he may be delivered THIS WEEK! Exciting! Can't wait to meet the little man!

Enjoy these last few days alone with Bradley. It will never be just you two again! So make sure you have plenty of alone time before baby! :)

Jenni said...

Congratulations Amie! I can't believe how fast all of this is happening! And I love the name Charlie! So cute!! I'll be home for a few weeks at the end of October. I can't wait to meet him!!!!

*Kendra* said...

We can't wait!