Charlie was born last night at 1:00 am and Bradley and I were in Abilene for the delivery. Cady was unable to get an epidural due to a high white cell count..so she was in a lot of pain and just wanted her mom and sisters in there. We totally understood and were totally excited to see him just minutes after his birth. We got to see him and I held him last night...Bradley held him today. He went to the intermediate nursery due to a fever, high respiratory rate and some grunting and flaring.....the NICU nurse in me noticed asap and desperately tried to stay in mommy mode and not nurse mode! He is fine today and is in the regular nursery. We saw him again this am..after just a few hours of sleep and he has a very round face..his eyes are a little swollen, black straight hair, and really pale skin..he has skin like mine!! He was 6# 15 oz, 19.5 inches and has huge hands and feet!
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!! He's so cute and I'm so happy for you!
I'm so excited for y'all! I know it's been a long journey getting to this point, but just seeing his adorable face makes it pale in comparison. I can't wait to meet him and kiss his sweet cheeks! I will continue to pray for God to bless your new family. Congrats!!!
CONGRATS!! He is adorable and I am so happy for you guys! Much love and I can't wait to meet him.
OMG!!! I'm crying I'm so happy!! Witnessing u & B's faith & triumph is overwhelming. Charlie is a blessed boy!
Amie,
I stumbled across your blog from Annalee's site, and am touched by your adoption story! Praise God for His answer to your prayers! Your testament of faith has been richly rewarded :) A friend of mine is in the waiting phase of her adoption process as well, so I'm going to send her here to receive some encouragement. God bless you as you bring Charlie home and begin your new journey!
Charis Dishman
I am so Happy that Charlie is here! I saw the pictures, they are so cute! I'm glad that God blessed you with a baby! When Brady finds out that you have a baby he will be so happy that he has a playmate!
Addison
OHHHHHHHHH!!! He's so stinking cute! We are going to have to wait in line I know to hold him. Wow - I can't believe this day is finally here for you two. God is faithful and definitely gives us more than we could ever imagine! Thank you God for Cady too! Amazing Love being shown from everywhere! Can't wait, Can't wait, Can't wait to see him.
Love all three of you !!!!!
Christy
We can't wait either!! I was so excited you already had pictures up to share!!! This is such a blessed day... so happy so happy so happy!! We love y'all so much and am thankful for this day that is so full of joy!!! We're praying for you three and for Cady. Keep us posted!!
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY!! I know Uncle Charlie is just so proud. Little Charlie is such a lucky little boy to have "picked" such loving parents. Our prayers are with you all and Cady and their families. I can't imagine how difficult this decision was, but they know he is in good good hands. I just wish ya'll were just a little excited. lol
Luv ya all,
Kim
YAY!!! he is adorable. keep the pictures and the updates coming!!! and welcome to the world charlie... i know you will be dearly loved!
Congrats!! He is adorable...can't wait to see him. He is one lucky baby!!!
Alicia
He is adorable!!!! I am so excited for you guys and I can't wait to meet him. I am so glad he got his passy and that he was able to go back to the regular nursery. I am so happy for you and Bradley.
Bradley & Amie - We are SO HAPPY and EXCITED for you both!! Your little boy is so very precious! Your trust and faithfullness have born wonderful "fruit" - and Charlie has already been blessed with many wonderful people in his life. We know you are going to be terrific parents... trust your instincts and your hearts!!
With much love,
Uncle Sandy & Aunt Marcia
WOW!! I am soo happy for you guys! What an answer to prayer. We cannot wait to meet you new little guy. You guys are going to be the best parents. May God richly bless your family on its new journey!! Love and Prayers, Bill and Andrea
Wow! I can't believe he's here! I had no clue until I saw your blog! Congratulations! He's precious!! Can't wait to meet him!
CONGRATULATIONS! We all were so excited to hear the news this morning! He is so cute! Can hardly wait to meet him! We'll keep all of you in our prayers! Judi and Mike
Congratulations! Charlie is so cute. what an awesome time for ya'll. your faith has made you strong. we can't wait to meet the wee one. Becky
Amie,
I have been peeking in throughout this journey, I am so happy for you and Brad. I know this is such an answer to prayer. he is adorable. Congratulations! Enjoy this time.
Susan (johnson)
He is so adorable! We can't wait to see him in person. You two are going to be great parents. Congratulations!
Love,
Wes and Edwina
Hi Bradley and Amie,
Welcome to parenthood. Sleep while
you can and enjoy the adventure
of a life time.
We are so excited for you and will
continue to pray for you and your
new little man. I love his name!
Our prayers are also with Cady and
her family during this time.
We look forward to see you all on
our next trip south.
Hugs and love,
Karen, Tom, Bates and Reid
Congrats Amie and Bradley!! He is so cute!! I bet it was a strange feeling finally being able to look at your baby and hold him and know that he is going home with you! :) Y'all have got to be on cloud nine! We are so very happy for you.
Hi, I don't know you personally but noticed your blog on Jodi's. Congrats on the new baby! That is so exciting for you and your family. My prayers are with yall that he will grow to be a strong healthy man!
Kendra
Congratulations to you both for your dream finally coming true!!! I am so happy for you both and I know you will be a great mom. I hope he is a great baby for you both! Again congratulations!
nice cockon him I would love to suck it
Post a Comment