So, Eastons therapist had long been telling me that they wanted and ENT to check out his adenoids..he was/is a mouth breather, a snorer, and an ear infection nightmare! He got tubes at 15 months and his ears were great till last October when one tube fell out..the ear infections started again:( He also got strep 4 times in a 3 month period:( So, the X-rays showed large adenoids and tonsils..the Dr said that since his speech was still not exactly where we wanted it that she would advise tubes again...so, we took out his tonsils and adenoids and placed tubes again.
Tubes and Adenoids are a breeze..from what I hear! It's the tonsils that hurt so bad...and Easton did a great job during the day..his pain was managed well by Ibuprofen and Tylenol and he did great at telling us when he needed meds..but the night times were TERRIBLE...for 2 weeks. I thought I was going to loose my mind!! Then one day he just slept again (meaning that the scabs had finally fallen off his tonsils.)
Bradley and I were just talking yesterday about how if we thought the surgery was worth it..and the vote so far is yes. I think he is finally starting to transition to a nose breather..and he has only been sick once since surgery..and that was a stomach bug. So, no ear infections, runny noses, strep throat for 2 months...that's a big deal for Easton!!
Easton before surgery
giggle juice is starting to kick in!
That smile..agh!!!!!!!!
Trying to distract from the pulse oximeter on his finger..that was by far his biggest irritation that day. He could have cared less about the IV, but that pulse ox made him MAD!!
putting the pulse ox back on for the 37th time...
and we are full blown giggling!
Okay, so Easton on giggle juice totally entertained me!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment