Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentines Day part 2

For Valentines Day...ours at least, Bradley got us a room in a very unique hotel..NYLO, in Las Colinas. We do not always celebrate Valentines Day..and we don't always celebrate "big" on other birthdays and anniversary's. We do some and not others...were kinda hit or miss! This year was a hit!!!
We celebrated our very first Valentines Day in 2002...there was a Valentines Day celebrated in 1995 in which I received some perfume...a bottle I just recently threw out (along with the receipt to our dinner, the to-go box and the wrapping to the gift, but that is neither here nor there!!)..but in general, our first was 2002. I knew Bradley liked sushi and he had asked if I wanted to try it sometime..I said yes, partially cause I was still in that "I really want you to like me and if I have to eat some raw fish for that to happen..I am in!" He double checked with me that trying sushi on Valentines day was okay....and off we went. I was not an instant fan, Ill say that. And there may have been incident with some wasabi causing me to think I was dying, but in general, I did not want to throw up...well, maybe a little when I heard there was seaweed in my food! We continued the tradition of eating at that sushi restaurant in Las Colinas for a few years and went back there this year..and it was so stinkin good!!
Not only was the food great and the room super cool, but Bradley planned a great weekend for me! We went to the Galleria and he offered to take me ice skating since he knows I have been wanting to do it! I loved him enough to tell him we could do it later in a location not quite so public...he thanked me!! We shopped and people watched..which I could do for hours! We grabbed a few things for baby #2, which always makes it feel real that someday there will be a baby #2...headed back and bummed out at the hotel and then ate dinner. My husband knows me so well...he knows that I am weird and want ice cream every time I have sushi..so he had found the closest Marble Slab!! That is my kinda planning!! It was a great, great weekend..and as an added bonus...our room was $43 with tax..I was a bit worried about it being shady or creepy, but we just got real lucky!! Since the place was so different I felt the need to take some pictures! Our room had a loft feel to it..the walls were concrete and so were the floors..which I really love!

Our dinners were so pretty I had to take a picture..I am sure you can guess which belongs to which based upon the amount of raw food on each plate!



we even had a decent view


I really like "this" look..I just don't quite know how to describe it..I think they called it "Urban Chic"..or maybe I made that up???


Fun chair, not so comfy!

I really would have loved to sit down there a while, they had tons of great books!
It was a great weekend...thanks to a great husband!! I am super lucky..and once again..could not have gone on our super fun, relaxing weekend if we had #2 here..but now that we went and are super relaxed and recharged...Bring it on!!!

0 comments: