Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Celebration

Today is a day of celebration...because today we have waited one year for a baby..a baby that we still do not have. We could have chosen today to be sullen or bratty that God has not seen fit to give us a "yes" yet, but where will that really get us anyway. Don't get me wrong, I will have a weepy day here shortly and run to my go-to people and whine and they'll make me feel better, but I choose to make this a great day..a day of thanksgiving and praise and celebration..for all the great things that have gone on this past year..things that may not have happened or been possible with a baby!
Do not misunderstand and think I have this down or that I am always this positive and optimistic..my real life friends are laughing right now because they know that is not a real issue!! But, you can choose how you want to be in the circumstances God gives you..I choose to be happy and grateful for what I do have..cause what I do have is pretty stinkin great!! If I had a baby in Feb 2010, I for sure would not have had the energy to bust out these cookies that ROCK!!! I know I made them and I should be humble and what not, but they are too fun!!
If God had given us a baby in Jan 2010, this date night would not have happened..and it was a great date night!!

I feel certain that if I had a baby in Dec 2009, I would not have been able to get crafty and bless sweet Brady's head with all these bows..not my Brady, my friend Bevin's baby girl!!

I love to paint..and paint in fun colors...and if I had a baby in Nov 2009, there is no way that I was painting 11 rooms in this new house....

and I really love our orange bathroom!!!
(just to clarify, its the guest bathroom and the above one is the kids)

Had I been mommy to a little one in October 2009 then I am thinking that this girls weekend may not have happened and that would have been a shame because I got recharged that weekend..and I was needing it!

My sweet Presley..had we had a baby before Presley, then that would mean that Charlie would have had to figure all this baby stuff out on ours, not Presley!!!!! Just teasing!!!!

Lets be honest..if we had a baby in September 2009..moving would have never crossed our minds...I have already sworn off moving again until all the kids are out of the house!! And I LOVE the new house and I am happy we are here!

I am happy that August of 2009 got to be ALL about our little 2 yr old and that we got more great family time in.....
and I am grateful that Bradley got suckered into this photo!
If we had a baby in July of 2009..there is a good chance Charlie would have been hospitalized for his excessive intake of paint.....I am certain I would have been so tired from the new baby that I would not have noticed the noises coming from his closet during nap time!!
and lets be real...no way would Bradley have been off to Wilderness Treck with the youth group for 13 days ..leaving me alone with 2 little ones..fat chance!!!

A new baby in June 2009 would have meant no lake trip..and that would not have been right!!! But to clarify..now that I know for sure how great it is..if we have a baby this summer I am still going back!!

it also would have meant no Minnesota trip with my girls..that would have also been down right WRONG!

I can say with 100% certainty that I would not have gotten to go to Caddo in May 2009..it was hard enough with one kid...let alone trying to make the sleeping work for us 3 and a baby!!
If I had a baby when Aric and Amber visited I would have been busy with it and would not have had so much great time with my sweet, sweet Kirkley!

(these are backwards from Feb-April)
If we had a baby in Feb 2009 then we would have missed out on precious time with our Charlie this last year..time that we so greatly appreciate!

If we had a baby in March 2009 then our Mexico vacation would have not happened...and we needed it!! We made memories for a lifetime and I am grateful we were able to be there with our friends!
..I never play cards without putting them on my head now!! Yes, even when the game doesn't call for it!!

If we had a baby in April 2009 we would have missed out on some good family time at the deer lease..we always have such a nice relaxing time there and I don't like to go with little ones, so this trip would have not happened!!
..I threw this one in cause Charlie looked like a weirdo in that picture above!!
It is not always easy to praise God when less then ideal circumstances come into our lives, but that is what He ask of us. I don't always do it..and that's okay cause He forgives us (thanks goodness, right!). But it does make it so much easier to walk through..when you can choose to focus on the good and positives.
I cannot help but think of the song "blessed be the name"..it was my anthem for those dark years and I still cannot hear it without going back there in some ways, but it has always made me feel peaceful and comforted...
Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say.....
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord Blessed be your name
Hope this did not come off as preachy...just that we are a happy family of three who love and trust God and we choose to wait patiently and courageously in Him.

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Amazing post, Amie. I still think of you EVERY TIME I have a "feel sorry for myself day...." I've learned so much from your faith and attitude. And none of us are perfect all the time, but you do an amazing job of making it all about Him and not you. You guys have one VERY special family!!!!

Brenda said...

I love your positive, faith building post. I had many of the same thoughts when I was putting together our 2009 book. As I got to each month and added pictures, I thanked God for how full they were of sweet kiddos and happy families. Your 'expectant mom parking sign' is a visual reminder to me constantly.... we are expecting great things, but we have joy in our waiting. Love you and love your heart.

Michelle said...

What a great post! You do have a great attitude and faith! Oh, and it's okay to have a pitty party, just a quick one, and then move on. And like the commenter said above about the "expectant mom" sign, I too think of you when I see it...even though I don't even know you! Have a wonderful day and enjoy that sweet lookin' Charlie!

Andrea said...

Amie, Wow! That was straight from the heart. I love how you looked back through out the year and saw how God blessed your sweet family. What an awesome year you guys have had. I love how are focusing on the positive! I am sure that there are days you do not feel positive. I know that He has a special someone in mind for you guys. Enjoy every minute with Charlie, goes by WAY TOO FAST!!!

You are such a blessing to me. Love you!

Erin K said...

I know you don't know me, but I'm a big fan of your bows. I'm a friend of your mom's at work. Just FYI, your post made me tear up because I can totally get where you're coming from. Thanks by the way, I checked blogs in between classes, not a good thing to do if you're tearing up. But I admire your attitude and think I should do the same. 2 Years ago we didn't think we'd have our little Sophia and we do. We are so blessed with 2 parents who love their HEALTHY baby girl and yet we're gready for another one cause we don't want her to be an only child. God has a bigger plan that I don't see but I know that it will all work out in the end. THANKS for making me cry!
Erin

Katie said...

I really love this post Amie. Your faith is amazing...keep it up. And what wonderful blessings you've had in 2009-2010. I may have said it before, but I admire your truthfulness and candor.

Katie said...

I really love this post Amie. Your faith is amazing...keep it up. And what wonderful blessings you've had in 2009-2010. I may have said it before, but I admire your truthfulness and candor.

Katie said...

oops. I hit publish twice.