The kids rooms!
I just finished this post and when I hit publish it disappeared...frustrating!!
All pics are from my phone so please excuse the quality:)
Charlie's room was by far the easiest to do. Within 2 days of getting the call about her, Charlie was in his new room. About 2 days after that, Easton was in his new room! Charlie had been sleeping in the guest room anyway for about a month so it just made sense to move him there..we were kinda contemplating it before the call! All we did was move stuff..no new wall color and no new decor. Both boys closets got an upgrade, but nothing else new to Charlie's room!
His bedding is made for a full bed and the new bed is a queen..so its not a perfect fit. But, we are buying baby #3, so new bedding was not an option!
Easton's room, which was Charlie's old room, need a new coat of paint so painting it when there were no kids living in it was a perfect time.
I have so much more storage now...this was as soon as Bradley finished it, but it is well stocked now! The boys closets are identical, but the nursery's closest is super small..so some of her stuff may have migrated over to Eastons closets!!
Since the theme was cheep, we reused Charlie's old bedding from the last house. Lets be honest, it did not get much use anyway! It's not my favorite theme, but again..free! When the boys are older and can voice an opinion, we can redo their rooms to their liking...but till then...a lodge theme for Easton and sports for Charlie!
When we moved Easton to his new big boy bed, I was 100% sure he would not sleep there and I would need another crib. The first nap was 3 hrs long and the first night of sleep was about 12 hrs. He has done awesome every night since then:) Should have never doubted him since he has always been my AWESOME sleeper!
Sorry for the fuzzy pic????
Easton loves his new room. Every morning he wakes up and gets a big smile on his face and starts pointing to things in his room saying "look!!' Everyday he still thinks its super cool!
Her room.
It took a while for it to come together. But it finally did! We painted her walls grey..leftover paint from the downstairs bathroom..and I must say.. I LOVE GREY WALLS!! To the person who said I was going to have a depressed kid (Charlie) cause I put him in a grey nursery...I'm doing it again!! I think its safe to say Charlie is not depressed so were taking our chances with her!
A pintrest idea..It was not exactly what I was going for, but it was what I had on hand during nap time! It says "So many of my smiles begin with you"...love it!!!
Another pintrest idea..Bradley does not like this!!! He has not read the book "the Help" so he does not get it. Every time he sees it, he dies a little more:) He already says if her grammar is bad in the future, we can blame the sign!
Again, another pintreat idea. The mobile...I think in hindsight I would have liked them better if they were all the same size and small. Oh well, its not like I cannot redo it in just a few minutes! I was going to put them in a book to make them flat, but them I decided that looking at them from below..flat would be boring and kinda impossible to see! So I let them curl! My daddy ask if they were pringles chips...:)
Her name and a stencil..all the sheets, changing pads, mattress pad cover were all the ones from the boys..just dyed to match her room..cheep, cheep, cheep!!! The total cost for her room was $120.00. Total cost to do all three rooms was $300.00 and $150.00 was on all 3 closest..not bad!
Can I say how easy sewing pillows are..I am not a sewing kinda girl, but I may be now! These pillows were like 5 min each..so easy! All the stuff on her shelf is extra stuff from the house, just painted to match. I don't know yet what I want on that shelf, but I knew I did not want to spend a bunch of money on stuff I did not love, just to fill a space. So, it will fill up over time!
Her bedding..I love..and...I MADE IT MYSELF!!!!!!! I mean. all I did was recover Eastons old bedding..which was Charlies old bumper recovered..and it was EASY! I love it because it does not look like I made it and because it was cheep!! Bedding and skirt were $40..the material was on sale for half off!!
The nursery is the smallest room..by far. We often call it our over sized closet. We always knew the 3rd kid would get stuck with the small room...stinks for her that the girl got the tiny room and the super tiny closet. My brothers and I played musical rooms growing up and I am sure that will happen here someday!
You can see Eastons old wall in the background, prior to paint job. So, bows......would it be ridiculous if I told you I have since made an additional 15-20 bows. Because if it is..call me ridiculous!!:)
Headed to Abilene tonight!!!!!!!!!!!! I have one post scheduled for tomorrow and as soon as she is born, I'll update!


1 comments:
Great job Amie!! Cannot wait to meet your baby girl. We will be thinking about you and praying everthing goes smoothly. Love and Prayers, Andrea
Post a Comment