Here is the condensed version..because I am TIRED!!
Bradley and I had a fun dinner at Chuck-E-Cheese with the boys last night then took them to my mother in laws and then we headed to Abilene. We got here about 10 and I think we headed to be at midnight. I slept okay..woke up about 3 times..which is better then I thought it would go!
We set an alarm at 6 and got up and got ready and then waited for the call to head up to the hospital. Margaret called us at 8:30 and told us they broke her water! I thought the day was going to progress slowly, but it didn't drag like I thought it would! Shortly after Bradley and I had lunch we checked back in and she was at an 8..like 30 min later it was time to push!!!!!
I got to stay in the room when she was born along with M's mom. I parked myself at the head of the bed..assumed my spot!! After one push we knew she would be out in two pushes. As she was beginning to push the second time, M's mom called me down to look...like I had no choice but to go. And I am so glad I did..it wasn't weird and I only saw Harper..and it was so stinking cool to see on of my kids be born!! The Dr even let me cut the cord..which is gross and I have done it before at work, BUT never with my own kid..that made it cool!!
Shocker..I cried..and it wasn't weird to show emotion in front of a birth mom..like in the past. It's M..were friends..and that makes this so cool!
The day went great..no hitches..nothing.. a WONDERFUL day!!
The biggest question after she was born...
8 pounds 8 oz and 20 inches AND
I am pretty sure she is white. We were unsure of her race till her birth and I am thinking white. I know it seems like a slam dunk based on pictures, but she goes back and forth on looking like Charlie as a baby and then like Easton. I assume white and if she gets darker in the future, then I change my vote! What her race was/is never mattered to us..it was fun to wait and she what she would look like, but its a non-factor. I have a DAUGHTER.. and two beautiful SONS at home..that is what matters!!
Sweet girl was CHEESY!
And big..my biggest baby!! My only 8 # baby..and M's too!
Her double chin is present in every photo!
Her cheeks rock..that was the first thing I commented on after she was born. They are huge!!!
Not the greatest pic, but her eyes are kinda open here!
This is one of 2 pictures of me with her...I swear I will get more mom!! Our first photo with our DAUGHTER!!
See her coloring here...it is all over the place. The NICU nurse in me is off duty and I only panic when the nurses here panic..but that color????
This is after her bath...chins still present!
Picture #2..I promise I have held her..I just didn't get a pic!
Look at the rolls on her arms..they are all over her legs too!
She seems huge to me!! Cannot wait to get my hands on her again!!
Today was a perfect day!!! Thank you for all your prayers..they were felt!!!!
And before the comments start..I have not been given the chance to get bow on her..otherwise you know she would have on one!!

13 comments:
PERFECT. OH my word, I am CRYING!!! Big shock, of course. But I am just so happy for your perfect day... your daughter's birthday. :) Happy Birthday, Harper Jane. You are SO VERY VERY loved and so VERY VERY blessed!
oh my word she is perfect!!!! love the chins love the cheeks love love love!!!
praying y'all and M and her family, we love you!!!!
The kids are going to be so excited to see this, they've been talking about their new cousin and Noah prayed for M at dinner.
Praise God for a wonderful birthday for your daughter amie!! So cool to see your baby born too! She's pretty precious :) prayers will continue for you, bradley and M!! Give that sweet girl a kiss on those awesome cheeks!
She LOOKS like a girl! She is so pretty. I am excited that you were able to be there for her birth. Happy Day!
Yea!!! Can't wait to meet her..and see her with a big bow on! :)
Congrats to you all! Everyone was beaming last night at church. Cannot wait to meet her. So thankful you were able to be there when she was born. What a blessing. Praying for the rest of your time to go smoothly. Love you!! Love and Prayers, Andrea
Just looking at her sweet self again (for the 3rd time this morning)... :)
Congrats!! I can't wait to meet her. I am so glad you got to experience her birth. I know her and my girls will be great friends.
She is absolutely gorgeous! Like Jodi, I cried as soon as I heard the news. Shocker! I love seeing the pics and hearing about the day. And I love the pic of you and Bradley with her! So precious.
Congrats on your new daughter! She is soooo stinking cute. I love the name and finally your bows come in handy! God is GREAT! Prayers are with you and your family and M as the days go on!
Brandie
Amie, She is gorgeous. I prayed specifically for you to get to be in the delivery room, and to be able to cut the cord. I also prayed that you would be able to enjoy the birth and not to do an 'assessment' of her. I know that is the hard part. So proud for ya'll. We love you and your whole family. Thank you for posting so soon. We are hanging on your every word, waiting on pics. love ya
My heart is very full. Full of love for you, for sweet Harper Jane and for an awesome God who gives so freely to us. I almost feel greedy, we are so blessed! Harper is the culmination of so many prayers and I am waiting in expectation for all God will do in her sweet life! I love you all five!
Post a Comment