My week did not start as I anticipated, but they usually don't, do they...My grandmother, who was know by her grandchildren as B, passed away Sunday morning. While we were saddened by our loss, we rejoice that she is home in Heaven with God, her husband and her son. I know every death should be viewed as a blessing...that those we love get to go on to Heaven with God..but some are easier to view as a blessing as opposed to a loss. B was living in a nursing home and she was 80 years old and her memory and mind were not what they used to be. So we rejoice that she has left this place to go to one much greater. Since I don't love nursing homes..who does really...It was so easy to be happy for her that she was gone from it..though she never complained to be there. While my family has suffered a loss, it was truly Heaven's gain.
I had my camera in my purse..as I almost always do..and wanted to get a picture of all the children gathered around the coffin. Kinda sounds morbid, but we take pictures of things we want to remember and I wanted to remember what a sweet moment that was.
were pallbearers. My sweet nephew Noah was also a pallbearer. Noah is 5 and some 5 year olds would have been..well, acting like a 5 year old. But he was serious and oh so sweet and took his job seriously. It made me tear up at sweet Noah taking on the job of a man and doing it so well.




3 comments:
We were sad to hear about B...but you are right, she IS in a much better place now and much happier!!
Honestly, I hope the same for my granny soon. Heaven is just a better place than...anywhere!
Jerrod still has some hangers in his closet that B made for him! Isn't that funny? :)
Love your post. What a great tribute to her. Sorry for your loss. Praying for you guys! Love ya!!
So sorry to hear about your grandmother. Jeremy just lost his grandfather, who was in a nursing home as well. I agree with you on nursing homes, and I'm so glad she's free from the pains of this earth and in Heaven. Loved the picture of Noah and your brothers.
Post a Comment