Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween, Lobster Style!!

Happy Halloween!! I love this holiday..I did not even eat any candy this year and I still love it!! ( not nearly as much as my fiend Abbe, but love it none the less!!) Okay, let me explain his costume!! The monkey costume below is what I wanted to dress Charlie as. They of course were sold out because they only make a limited amount.....dumb. So , I got on Ebay and began the biding war. There were nine at the time I was biding and I got outbid at my max bid of $60.00. It was when they all sold for $90-$100 that I realized this was dumb. He would have the costume on for 1 day,1 hour more likely.




So, I decided to make it fun without expensive!! As most of you know I am a Neo-Natal Intensive Care nurse..I work with preemies and sick babies..or I did 3 months ago and will again in 1 month! At holiday times we always dress the kids or do something special for their parents to make it better that a particular holiday is spent in the Hospital. So, for Halloween we used to dress up the babies and surprise the parents..until ONE family ruined it for everyone..how can you not celebrate Halloween. Anyway, when you have newborns and preemies a normal baby costume will not fit, let alone work around tubes and cables. So, without telling the parents this, we dressed the babies in pet costumes! You can buy them tiny enough for all those lap dogs that they fit he babies great and the parents were thrilled..minus that one family. So, after looking everywhere for a cute costume that would fit a newborn...everything is 0-6 months..to big, I went with a Lobster costume that was made fora puppy....for $9.99. And it was CUTE!!!! Random people I don't know asked to take his picture..so I will not feel bad that he was in that costume!!!! Our little Lobster never once fussed in the outfit..even fell asleep!! We did not get a great picture at the church funival, so we used the timer on the camera once we got home to get another on, but never got a great one.

Getting ready for bed that night..were trying to figure out why any picture taken in the den turns up reddish, but not in any other room.
Well, kinda reddish here
Another attempt..

Noah was a pirate!
Laura, Me, Charlie and Ange
The little man is snoozing hard in this pic! That's Papa on the end.
Daddy and Charlie

Moms, Charlie and Mutti. My mother-in-law dressed up so good that when she walked up to us I had no idea it was her..none. I kinda leaned over to my mom and finally said "is that Allene?" and she said no, but then I noticed her wedding ring! It was an awesome costume.. she had herself padded in just the right places to make it all look so real!!
Charlie!!!!
Awesome outfit Mutti!!!!! We handed Charlie to her backwards so we would not scare him!!
Sage was bird! Amber made this costume and it ROCKED! I loved her fluffy booty!
Katie, Brady and Addison! The girls were witches and Brady was a bat....they all looked sooo cute together!Out little bat man!!
I love this picture. I get this face a lot and even though it is serious, I just smile cause God gave me a beautiful baby....a really beautiful baby. I know Grandad is so proud of his namesake and I have NO doubts Charlie will exceed all our expectation for him in life.

It has been one year today since Grandad left us to go live the life he ultimately dreamed of. He spent his life here living lovingly, affectionately, selflessly, hardworking, always being positive, always giving to others, never once raising his voice that I can remember..and I spent 27 years with him..He was a man who lived as close to what God has asked of us as possible. He was our families earthly example of what to strive for. He would correct me right now and tell me to live as God wants us to live, not as he lived. But if you aim for Granddad's standards, God would be pleased with the end result! He made me raise the bar on what I expect out of a husband, father or any male figure for that matter. He was.....perfect..in my eyes and many others. I say none of this with sadness or tears (yes, I am lying on that part!), but with a joy that he is living the dream....living up in Heaven with God..looking down on all of us with that BIG smile that runs over into his eyes..saying "I am so proud of you all"

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Thanks for making me cry first thing this morning! :) I just love Granddad so very much, and makes me love your Charlie even more because of his name. So very precious. What a wonderful legacy from a wonderful man of a Wonderful God!

As for your lobster, too stinkin' cute. I love the dog costume idea! I can't believe that... wish I had thought of it last year! :)

Tracy said...

Sweet thoughts about your Granddad :)

That was a great idea (and money saver!) to put Charlie into a dog costume!! That turned out perfect!

And Allene??? Wow. That did NOT look like her! funny

Tracy said...

Sweet thoughts about your Granddad :)

That was a great idea (and money saver!) to put Charlie into a dog costume!! That turned out perfect!

And Allene??? Wow. That did NOT look like her! funny

Anonymous said...

WOW Amie, you know me, I was tearing up reading the amazing tribute you made to your Granddad. He would be very proud of you and your sweet family.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures. Charlie gets sweeter everytime I see him. Love you, Andrea

Julie said...

Why are you always posting at 3am? Anyway, I know the love you have for you Granddad...I have it to for mine. It's a strange kind of emptiness. Praying for you!

LOVE the costume. I will pass that along to my mommy friends and pretend that I am the smart one :). Are you tired of him yet? I'll take him!! LOVE HIM. really. It's odd, but I really love him and he is so perfect for you and Bradley

annalee said...

no shame at all using a dog costume... he looked SO cute in it and i think you are a genius!
we have the same costume for our dog and i can agree that it is much cuter than 1/2 the other costumes i saw at the store.
your granddad sounds like a wonderful man, what an amazing legacy for charlie!

amie said...

Julie..I posted at 4am actually,. the time is off! I got up to check on him and when I looked in his bed did not see him cause he was snuggled into a corner and I panicked..it was just for a sec, but long enough to wake me up for good....I know....but I did get a nap that day!!