Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Were done with the room....almost!

Well, I am one door, one door frame and one baseboard away from being done with the room. Below are some pictures of the nursery. Two walls are charcoal grey and two walls are grey strips with 3 tones of grey....there was supposed to be just two tones..long story..and now there are three!! The walls look purple-ish or kacki-ish in these pictures, but grey in person! And the lines look like they are not super straight in the picture...trust me they are. My OCD help me big time..or hurt me if you like!!


They were supposed to be two even strips, but we ended up with three that were...not symmetrical, but there was a pattern that matched on both walls.....17in, 17in, 15in, 2in, 17in. etc...I could measure that and paint it in my sleep!



I was soooooo pleased with Bradley's crown molding!




I got the bedding in last night and it is going back.....agrhhhh! It was not the same that was posted on the Internet..remember the thick green check print...not on the stuff I received. The colors were dull..I was not impressed! So, we may go back to plan one or come up with a new one!!




the original boy choice...same brand so I have the same fear of "not bright enough"



the original girl choice!
Anyway, I am headed to bed...I have been staying up till 11:00-11:30 working on the nursery and then today I got up at 4:45 am to get my workout in before work.....I am tired, I am a Bramlett and you know that means I need 9-10 hours of sleep!! I know, I know...get used to the lack of sleep!! I would like to get caught up though before the baby gets here! Just keep praying for Bradley, me and the birth mom and Dad. We are scheduled to meet birth mom and her mom on Friday at 1:30 and hopefully meet with Dad before that. I ask that you pray for peace for all and for God to calm all our anxious hearts. I also ask you pray for me to be strong and not give into the temptation of letting my mind wander into the "What If" place. However this turns out...I know God is here and involved in every step along the way. He will always provide what we need. Thank you all...your prayers, letters & calls have already brought us so much joy and peace...only 2weeks and 5 days left...

5 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW! That looks soooo good!!! Y'all did a great job! I just may have to hire you to come and paint my bedroom that I am still putting off...eventhough I've had the can of paint sitting in my garage for almost 2 months :)

Good work guys!!!!

Jodi said...

Oh my word that is GORGEOUS! I can't believe how good it looks... so original for a nursery! I am mucho impressed. I love those new choices for bedding, or "old" choices I guess. LOVE them. But I know whatever you decide will be perfect... you certainly have a knack for the decor!!

Prayers everywhere! EVERYDAY! ALL DAY! And girl, the lack of sleep is probably good practice. I didn't sleep more than about 4 hours a night for about 2 months before Reagan showed her sweet self, and it was kinda nice to not be so "shocked." But then again... nevemind... get all the sleep you can while you can. :) LOVE YOU!

Julie said...

love the nursery!! It's precious! You need to come help me with paint color in my house...really. Praying for peaceful hearts!

Abbe said...

It looks so good. I am so impressed. The old bedding is cuter than I remembered. I like that there are multiple shades of pink/blue-I think that will make it look really good.

Connor, Kaylee, Tripp, Thatcher, and Truett said...

Hi Amie,
The walls look incredible. I am way impressed. Just found your blog through Jodi and want to say that I am praying for you. I have missed you over these last few years and look forward to keeping in touch. Love you!