Okay, I type slow and not often, this should be a sign to me that this may not be a good idea, but we will give it a try. I figured since I trashed talked "my space" for so long that getting one of those would for sure lead me to receive crap from Bradley, Aric and Amber. Blogging was the way to go..especially since I am not 12yrs old. The whole idea was that you could follow our adoption saga with us..and we could get away with telling the same story maybe 10 times to our friends as opposed to 30!!! Anyway, we will keep you posted and SOMEDAY soon this page will get a lot more fun and exciting...when we can put pictures of Charlie or Carly...and no..those are not official names..that was for you Bradley!
Our home study is scheduled for July 17th and hopefully we will get all the interview stuff done and get our approval. Then we will be in "The Book" and birth moms can consider choosing us. So, the new goal is to be in the book by the end of July...original goal May..then June...please July! We are wrapping up things at the house to get it ready for the home study and getting the nursery and anything else related to baby done. As soon as the crown molding is up in the nursery I will post pic's. For those of you who want see the nursery sooner...email/call/bug Bradley to put up the crown molding!!
Notice the ticker at the top of the page..they actually have an adoption ticker!! The only downfall is that you have to input the day your adopted baby is due..well, wouldn't that be nice to know! I just put in a year from now since they say it is usually 12-18months from approval. See, I am again assuming the approval will come in July! So, when the birth mom does choose us I can change the ticker to reflect the birth moms due date. If I hit next July without a baby then I will adjust it to the 18 month time line..or I will snap..one of the two!! Anyway, next post will have pic's..it just seems boring without them. I think the kids....the ones I claim as mine till bedtime or when they are cranky..are going swimming on Monday. Should get some fun pics then. I also intend to post some pics tonight when I get home from work...please feel sorry for me having to work on the weekend..it would be nice to get sympathy somewhere!!
Saturday, July 7, 2007
Let's give this a try...
Posted by
amie
at
9:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Looks good! I hope work isn't too miserable today. At least you're not at the Desperados game. :)
YAY! Welcome to blogland! I am quite thankful to be keeping up with you guys since I am way too far away and out of the loop alot! Anyways, I just love it. Looking forward to those nursery pics!!
hey :) glad that you started blogging! cant wait to see the pics of the nursery! :)
i'm excited to keep up with the whole adoption process through your blog! how fun!!!!
Wow, I'm impressed! Where did you get all that technical knowledge. I'm your fourth comment and it's hard to comment since I just talked to you - Love you
Post a Comment