Sunday, July 29, 2007

Whats been going on..

Well, I am tired...I thought that was supposed to begin in 3 weeks...I guess I am just getting my body ready! I was awake on Friday morning at 3:15 am and got on the computer..then did some laundry..dishes..re-arranged some cabinets because I realized I did not have any cabinet room for all the bottles my friend Shannon is loaning me!! So, now there is cabinet space!! At 4:45 am I decided to work out, shower and then head to work!! Needless to say at 8:00 that night I was dead on my feet.

Then next morning I managed to sleep until 4am....it's an improvement!! Bradley woke up early also so we headed up to my father-in-laws salon and cleaned it and then went IHOP for breakfast. We came back home and slept from 7-9am..so that was better then the day before!! After that we went to Babies-R-Us and registered, bought furniture and a car seat. The furniture should be in in 7-14days...not bad, it could be longer! I snapped some photos of it while we were in the store.

the crib..this pic does not do it justice!!


I think you can see the "distressed" look best in this pic. I felt funny taking pictures in the store, so I was rushed when taking pictures.


We got the dresser and it seems most things they had did not have a changing table as as part of the set..not all, but a lot. So, I guess you just set the changing pad on top of the dresser and pray no one falls or rolls!! We were not going to get one of the changing pad and just use the crib, pack-n-play or floor, but we decided to go ahead and get one...it if gets dirty it is easier to change the cover on this as opposed to a while crib sheet!


I will tell you that we realized that our baby registry is so far kinda boring. We did not pick out any gender specific stuff on there, so it's not super fun yet!! After the baby is born we will update the registry with gender specific stuff.........Which brings me to the sex of the baby.......... We are hoping to find out the sex of the baby next Friday...we are not telling anyone until the baby is born what the sex is. We are not being bratty, we just know our friends and family so well that if we told our parents and friends the sex of the baby then they would want to buy for it. If something went wrong and the birth mom changed her mind...we would be left with a room full of pink or blue stuff. So were not bratty..just guarding our hearts a little! We have decided it will probably be a boy though...simply because we cannot come up with a name!! Our girl name is probably going to be Carly Crisitn Way......we like it, but I think we are growing to love it. We had a really hard time agreeing on a name. I have grown to where Carly just makes me think such sweet thoughts. Crisitn is my middle name....duh... and Bradley suggest it and we think it flows well. When your last name is Way it is hard to pick names that don't sound like streets or rhyme. I used to love the name Ella....sat Ella Way aloud..someone said to me " Get the Ella Way" say it aloud..see my point!! We love the boy name Charlie..there is still major debate as to weather we should name him Charles and call him Charlie or just name him Charlie. My grandfather passed away in November and all of you that know him know that you don't need any explanation as to why we want to name our baby after him...I just teared up typing that! Charlie is a name that will always make me smile and always bring good thought to my mind. What a name he would have to live up to.


Easton is out other boy name and has been for 2.5 years now...we both love it! I think we love the name Easton more maybe, but love Charlie for familial, symbolic reasons...anyway, tell me your vote!! Bradley and I are curious what name people like best!


1. Charles Easton Way..call Charlie


2. Charlie Easton Way


3. Easton Charles Way

4.Jake ______ Way


Jake is another one we like, but real doubtful it will win! Anyway, here are some random pics I had but have not posted yet!



We bought this bassinet when we were pregnant so it was nice to already have one here!!



My diaper bag that I got at Canton last month..it just happens to match my car seat...which was totally on accident. It is one of those that are cover in that plastic material..I love it!!



Bradley and my brother-in law Derrick......Derrick told me to label this picture"destruction"..does that say enough about how the crown molding is going!!



We found this rug for $4 at Target yesterday and got it for the back yard..we always joke we are the "Right Way".....we thought it was funny!!Our car seat...exciting huh!!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Yes, ALL these things are exciting! Every last one of them! I am about to call you in a minute, but I was checking your blog first to see if you had anything new, and here was a huge bit of exciting news! Yay! Anyways, I am impressed you are asking for opinions on names... most people don't want any opinions! So since you ASKED... my vote is Charlie Easton. Charlie because I love the name and love Granddad even more. And because I don't ever think of him as Charles, and because I have heard from several grown ups lately that don't "go" by their legal names that it has been hard in the work field for different reasons to be called one thing and have your driver's license say another. Just a thought. Ok, that is my vote. But I will love WHATEVER you pick!

Love you! Can't wait!

Tracy said...

How fun! Are the walls striped in the baby room? Love that!!

My vote for the names is number 3...Easton Charles. But really, you can't go wrong with any of them! I honestly like them all :) ...Flip a coin :)

Amber said...

Hmmm, I'm like you I like Charlie, but I like Easton as well. Easton looks good on paper and sounds classy.

beverly said...

I think you probably know how i will vote but i will tell you anyway, Charlie Easton gets my vote, but i know any name you give this child will be perfect just because God is in the details. Thank you so much for sharing this exciting time with all of us through the blog. I cry when reading all the comments to the postings, and give thanks to Him for the tremendous network of prayer pals.
Love bunches to all three of you

Emily said...

Wow that's a toughy but I think I like Easton Charles. Charlie is precious also. I am sure whatever ya'll pick will be perfect.

Julie said...

OK, I'm going to go with Easton Charlie/Charles. Mainly because I belive strongly in having a middle name with family meaning, but also because I LOVE the name Easton...I just happen to have an Easton myself you know. Also, Easton is an unusual name so there won't likely be another one in his class. I still remember seeing you at CiCis and you telling me that your boy name was Easton and I had my Easton in my tummy!! And here you are!! I am so excited for you. Hey you should link your registry to your page, but I am checking it out right now!! I am super exctied!
Julie Kulas

annalee said...

it is all coming together! i can't stop thanking God for your baby blessing on its way. i love the updates as you prepare!