Saturday, October 2, 2010

Visit #1

We left for Abilene early Tuesday morning to start all the visits. Since we now have 3 visits in town there was no way we could get all the visits and court done in one day..so we headed up a day early. We drove straight into town and went to lunch with Charlie's mom and her family. The dynamic was a bit different this time..but there was a lot going on! C's mom and step dad were not there.. they had just left out of town. C's sister showed up..after being discharged the day before from having a C-section. I told her she got bonus points for showing up...I'd have kept my happy butt at home!!This was the best shot I got of Charlie with C's sister, husband and new niece!

Charlie and her other sister.


Easton got some lovin too!!

This is C's step mom and C's nephew. All the step parents were there when Charlie was born, they just were not married then. If I have not said it before, I have always been blown away at how great her parents have been...with us for one thing. But also, parenting together after divorce and being so kind to each other and each other's significant others...even the case worker mentioned to them when Charlie was born how blown away she was by how great they were together and how great they were at working together to support C...all 4 parents have always been really great and enjoyable to be around!

C's nephew, C and Charlie.


I wish I could have gotten some better pictures, but being at a restaurant and with all the chaos from the kids and the large crowd....non of the above were helpful obtaining great photos!


I thought C looked great here!

Charlie and C's brother..from the new marriage..technically Charlies uncle!!

All of C and her sisters kids!


Charlie and C's nephew..they were born 3 months apart and had a lot of fun together this time!
Charlie and C's dad..who came on his lunch break. I had been reading Charlie the books that I have made him from shutterfly from all our previous visits to get him ready to see everyone. He saw C's dad before we did and pointed and called him by name..I was impressed that Charlie was able to remember some of their names..there is usually a lot that come, so I was impressed he some/most names!

It was a great visit and it makes me sad that I have no idea when our next visit will be. C is getting married in November and moving to Japan a week later. Her future husband is in the military and it stationed in Japan for the next three years. I know she will come home and I know we can skype if Charlie has any questions while she is gone, but it really did make me sad that she was leaving. I just hope that when the tour there is done they head back this way!


1 comments:

Allene said...

C's whole family seemed very happy to see Charlie. I would imagine in their hearts they know that Charlie is in a very loving Christian home where he is developing into an awesome person. I know they appreciate you and Bradley as parents.