I know I have been slacking on blogging..and I have decent reasons..to which I will get to in a later post.
With that, I am sorting through 147 pictures taken today and yesterday while we were in Abilene for our final court date for Easton!!!..he is officially ours. This last court date has never really been a huge deal for us since we have really felt that with both boys, they were ours from the moment we got home. Lots of people make a huge deal out of this day and to a lot of people it is a huge day which they were not sure they would get to see...but for us, the biggest part of today was that we are done writing checks for this adoption!!!
The most memorable part of today...just today, cause I have a few really great stories from yesterday:)..but the best of today goes to Charlie.
We were sitting in court today and even though I have done nothing wrong, I still get nervous. We were told what to do and what to say..speak when spoken to kinda thing..and answer not nod..which I broke again this time cause I could not make a audible "yes" come out over my tears:)
So the lawyer ask Bradley a question about Easton and uses his full name...which is legally Easton Andrew Thomas Way. Eastons mom ask us to keep Thomas as his middle name and we agreed to honor her request. As much as we don't like double middle names, we did not want to give up our chosen middle name for hers..so we used both and just tell people his name is Easton Andrew Way..so Charlie has never heard the Thomas thrown in. So when the lawyer ask Bradley that question and uses Eastons full name Charlie says..kinda quietly while looking at me.."That's not his name". I gave him a look and told him it was fine.
When it was my turn and the lawyer called him that again, Charlie pounded his hand on the table loudly looked at the judge and me and said in a stern voice "THAT.IS.NOT.HIS.NAME"....at this point it was kinda still funny...
Until the sweet judge ask Charlie if he like being a big brother..to which he says yes. She then ask if he is helpful when his brother cries..to which he says. She ask what he does when he cries, to which he say, "I slap him"..with a big smile on his face.
I.just.about.died.
And then she sent CPS to our house to take both boys away..well, not really, but who's gonna be surprised if they show up...

1 comments:
OH. My. WORD. David and I both are ROLLING at that post!!!! Charlie Charlie Charlie... just love you to bits. Been nice knowin' ya! :) Ha!!
Post a Comment