After our visit with C we headed back to the hotel and the kids took about a 30 min nap before we had to get up and head to the next visit! We went to Mr. Gattis in hopes to wake Charlie up and keep him happy and entertained..cause he was already running on empty! It took him about 30-45 min before he was fully awake, cheerful and comfortable, but once he was..he was there to entertain!! Charlie's dad, M, is still in Afghanistan so our visit was with M's mom, M's wife and their new son, PJ...yes, I gave his name cause it ties into a funny story!
Charlie and M's mom..he has always been super comfortable with her..she is a natural G-ma and Charlie can tell!
this is Mr PJ..I think that him and Charlie looked alike...I am terrible at knowing who looks like who, but when I saw him I thought of Charlie at that age. It may just be his skin color, but I thought their cheeks and eyes..maybe?? I don't know, but I thought he was adorable!!
Charlie had him laughing..like big, belly laughs!!
We tried so hard to get a good one of all three of them for M, but this was the best we got!!
This is M's wife, PJ and Charlie!
Getting Charlie to smile while he was playing a game...uh, not happening!!
M's new son is named Prodigy Jamal and they call him PJ. I will admit it is not a name I would have chosen for my child, but hey..everyone gets to name their own kid...although on a side not, there is a lesson here. It is my opinion that it's never a good idea to go with "you name it if it's a boy and I'll name it if it is a girl"..cause PJ's mom did that and was not loving the name that was chosen...maybe she has changed her tune now, but.. not.a.good.idea.people!!
Anyway, as we were getting ready to leave M's mom look at Charlie and said "Charlie, you should be glad...you could have been named Prodigy Jamal"!!!! I died laughing..probably more then I should have..cause I may have mumbled that same thing to Bradley not long a ago!!
Visit # with Eastons family up next!

1 comments:
wow I must be extra hormonal today because I am dealing with some major waterworks over here!
Charlie is such a ham! Love PJ's name...lol...Amy you are such a special person- I say that because as you have prob heard many times- not everyone could do what you are doing- for your children- and I would like to think and hope that if I were ever in your situation, I would do it too!
I just feel like your boys will grow up and look back on this world that you and your hubby have created for them and just see your huge selfless hearts...I'm just so in awe.
*please excuse my gushy-ness!
Post a Comment