Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Visit #3

After visiting with Charlies family at Mr. Gattis we drove across the street to Chucky Cheese..for reals... Charlie was in heaven/out of control from all this attention and game time!! We met Eastons family at Chucky Cheese so that Charlie and Albert, Eastons other mom's other son could play...was that a confusing sentence!!! Albert also falls into the category of "you name it if it's a boy and I'll name it if it's a girl"..just saying!! Anyway, we went there so that the older kids could play and the adults could visit a little easier!
I have not posted pictures of Easton's family before cause I never wanted to ask permission and have to mention my blog. Well, someone in their family has a blog and my family is all over it and all over facebook, so I no longer worry about privacy issues!....well, I worry about my privacy, but not offending theirs..that is another blog...
anyhoo..!! Could he be anymore beautiful..those eyes, that smile, those teeth (8)..they make me MELT..I am so blessed to be the mommy of my two boys:)
M's twin sister and mom
okay, these are all out of order.
I am working 4 days this week as opposed to 2, so I am tired...and thus, they will remain out of order! This was about 10 min before we left..can you tell Charlie is EXHAUSTED! This was one of those rides that shakes/vibrates/moves and it was tickling his ears!
I'm sure your expecting me to say "Oh my goodness look at that terrible photo..I look nothing like that"..Folks, that is exactly what I looked like and felt like at 9pm...my day started at 6am..I drove almost 3 hrs and then had a visit at 12, 4 and 7....this picture is a PERFECT representation of what I felt like! I have a BLAST visiting with everyone..I really did, but it wears you out, in many ways.
We used a few coins here...we were sitting and relaxing and not getting up for a while!!
Eastee was sooo tired. He just cat napped all day and never got a long nap. About an hour into the visit he was out..for about 30 min and then he woke up recharged and ready to entertain some more! This is Easton and his other mommy!
M and Easton
M, Easton and M's best friend, who we met when Easton was born.
I LOVE this picture of them!
I was so happy and not the least bit surprised that Easton was so happy and smiley for them. When they get to see him so infrequently you want so badly for them to be perfect in every way during the visit.


M's twin sister.
This was shortly before he fell asleep..he has major tired eyes here!

M's twin, Easton, Albert and Grandma in the background!
I thought this was a good one too!!
M and her twin and East.
Easton and M's mom...who was originally against the adoption, but came around on day 3 of our stay in Abilene when Easton was born. She has never been anything but wonderful to us, which I know was hard for her since she struggled so much with Easton's moms decision to place.
Okay to answer a few questions I have had.....
I call both the kids birth parents their "other mommy's and daddy's". When we first started the adoption process there was "no way in you know what" that I would have ever allowed MY baby to call someone else mom...until I matured and realized that it wasn't about ME..it was about my babies. It feels really impersonal to say birth parents now that I know these people and have a bond and connection with them...and lets be honest, the way me and my family view it, it is their kid too. Why that one is hard for others sometimes blows my mind. I cannot even count how many times I have said till I am blue in the face "They placed them for adoption because they DID love them so much, not because they didn't"????
I feel the need to point out, I am not flawless,(my husband is laughing real hard at that right now:)I have vented my frustrations about the kids other parents to people..I am normal. But I honestly do love these people and they are my family...they are my kids other moms and dads....and my kids are SO lucky to have so many people love them. And I hope we always see it that way and I hope others do to....don't feel sorry for me or for their other moms about how all this happened. We all chose to make the best decisions for our families based on situations we created or were given....I can feel my self venting and going off on tangents so I'll wrap it up...my kids are so loved by us and their other moms and dad. What we have may not work for everyone, and that kinda makes me sad, but I feel, that we are blessed exceedingly and abundantly beyond anything we could have imagined.....now if I can just fully* convenience my husband that we need to be blessed one more time, I'll be complete!!
*husband is all for another one..if someone else is paying..if were paying, it may be a little bit:)

5 comments:

Amber said...

I'd just like to point out that you called your son by a nickname in that post. :)

If Aric picked out names this baby would be Willie Waylon...and he was going through a Nolan Ryan phase during Noah's pregnancy.

Andrea said...

Amie! Every time you guys meet the "other mom and dad" I am amazed at you and how you have grown. I admire you for having this relationship with them. I cannot imagine how hard it is to see them together and wonder what they are thinking. I think it is awesome that you are giving the boys a chance to get to know others that love them too.

God knew what he was doing placing these two sweet little boys in your care and home. I love seeing your sweet family together. Love you, Andrea

Tracy said...

Goodness girl! Yall were BUSY!!! :)

Glad all of the visits went really well. I enjoyed looking at all of the pics, so thanks for sharing :)

And for the record, I admire how you have handled every situation that you have been in :) I like how you call the other parents "other mommy and daddy"...that's who they are! :) In my opinion, it shows them some respect.

And for those who let the husband pick the boys names....STOP! There needs to be some sort of filter or elemination process that the wife is a part of! :)

Jodi said...

Once again, your attitude and outlook on your "extended families" is AMAZING. Every time you write about the boys, their other families, and the adoption processes you guys went through... I am BLOWN AWAY and inspired by your faith. Thank you for that. :)

And yes, the husband-naming-the-kid-thing needs to STOP. I'm sure we told you about Adam's friend who got to name it if it was a boy.... they have a 7 year old son named Noah Sark. Seriously. There HAS to be veto power in there by somebody!!!

Brenda said...

I hope those two sweet boys appreciate the 'bestest mommy' God gave them and all she has done for them. It doesn't matter what you call the 'other mommy' when they think of that word... only your face will be in their mind. You are doing a fantastic job and I'm so proud of you.