Sunday, August 2, 2009

The train

I have been behind on blogging..sorry. I have those times where there is so much going on and I cannot seem to get to the computer or my mind is just so full and busy that it's hard. That how it has been lately..my mind is full and going a lot and I don't have the mental energy to do much. These are from last weekend..the weekend where we "rocked as parents". Do you have those days where you go "Wow, I am an awesome mom today"..that was Sat day! We went and rode the train in Ft. Worth and then went swimming with the Brooms and then took Charlie and Cassidee to see Monsters Vs Aliens. Charlie has gone to the movies with my mom, but this was the first time we took him and he did great...minus the small intervention needed after he decided that popcorn in his nose was cool???? Overall, a GREAT day!!

This was my self portrait..not great, but okay..

Here is Bradley's..good, minus Charlie!

Notice my "glow"..this Texas heat is a whipping!

On the quick stop Charlie HAD to get out and walk..too much sitting was getting old for him!

This is my neck..with a rash..from nerves....We had a meeting with our agency this week over some issues, and no, it's not related to time..we are in no way frustrated that we don't have a baby yet. Why is that every ones first thought?? We just needed a face to face and so did they..and it was great to all get on the same page again. But, when they told me another lady would be joining us I instantly got nervous and..well, sick..for the whole day prior to the meeting. Adoption and adoption issues get to me like nothing ever has before...anxiety, instant migraine and other issues which you have no desire to hear about! I snapped a photo like 10 min before the agency got there because it's almost funny to me at how little control I have over it. This is not a mind over matter issue..I knew nothing was wrong, but my body could not get the memo..can you imagine how this will be if we get picked by a birth mom who is due 2 months away....yikes!! And yes, the 2 weeks that we found out about Charlie until we got him were like this...
Just keep praying for our birth mom..whoever she is...that she is safe and that she has a peace about this decision and that when we meet we all know this is the right decision for all of us...we just keep waiting for God's perfect blessings!
Oh and another fav story of the week which I passed on to his bios..I made Charlie a book from our visit with his bios and it came in last week..I gave it to him and without prompting he goes "Oh, that's C and M..I love C and M"...I instantly teared up cause I had one of those "I'm doing good" moments..he knows them and loves them..all 4 of us are doing great and doing good by Charlie...how lucky are we all!
Since he was on a roll I asked him "Do you remember who's tummy you grew in"..he thought about it and goes "Um..Um..M (birth father)!"..it was a good attempt! Randomly enough since then he has ask "Can we have lunch with M and C"...we talked about how far away they are and he seemed okay with that!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for the update!! Been thinking about you. Praying for you guys and praying for that sweet baby that God has planned for you. Some times out heart out rules our head for sure. Hang in there. Love you guys!! Andrea T.

LucieP said...

sounds like he is doing great at talking!!

I was thinking of you the other night while watching a show on MTV called, "16 and pregnant."
One of the teen moms chose adoption. Her mom was not supportive at all. The adoptive parents were on there too. She had decided beforehand that she didn't want to hold or see the baby but then after delivery, she changed her mind and it seemed like she kept delaying the first meeting. The social worker that was involved was very professional and had a great way of being the middle person.
In the end, the adoption went through but the "grandmother" would not sign the papers for the transfer and so the teen mom was dc'd with the baby and then they walked off hospital property to do the exchange. Then there was a reunion show 5 weeks later and everyone got to see eachother.

Anyway* I could not help but think of ya'll and what you went through before you were told of Charlie and then when he was actually born.

You are so strong. Keep telling yourself what a great job ya'll are doing!!

Unknown said...

Hey Amie...if you have a few minutes, I would love a phone chat with you. We are probabaly dropping our China adoption because it is going to be another 4-5 years. So we are looking at agcenies vs. lawers. You are the expert... I could use some talking to if you won't mind.
Julie 817-657-3410