Sunday, August 30, 2009

Finger painting

I saw on Annalee's blog a long time ago how to make finger paints that are safe for little ones..I printed it out and now almost 6 mo later I gave it a try! Needless to say he loved it! It is water, flour and food coloring..which is great because he still puts all paints and markers right into his mouth. He put this in his mouth today and was unimpressed with its taste!!





I found 3 pictures from all the ones I took that had his tongue out..cracked me up at how hard he was concentrating!

Big surprise here!








So much for keeping the table clean..


We each got our faces painted...his was a bit more elaborate!





My table is actually leather..this may not have been the best place to paint in hindsight!!

I now have some purple grout!! It actually came up pretty easily..




After I took theses videos he asked to watch them..he kept saying "one more time" about 200 times. I don't think he knows what one more time really means!! As always, please excuse my voice!!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

FUN! You are a much more fun Mom than me.... not sure I could've handled that. But at someone else's kitchen table, it looks great! :)

And your voice sounds just like you... :)

Allene said...

GREAT IDEA, for a fall day outside with a hose. I need your recipe and a few weeks to work up the nerve to do it with Libby & Charlie.

LucieP said...

heehee! this looks like so much fun!!! (and a great outside activity where you can hose him and his work area down!)

Alicia said...

Nice! That would have been hard for me at my house to witness. I am proud of you! Next time, maybe outside?

Brenda said...

Love it... you can hear the mischeiviousness in his voice.... 'gonna fall down' with a giggle as he's holding it over the floor. Oh the joys of raising little 2 year old boys! I'm with Alicia, I'm proud of you for making memories instead of worrying about the mess.... like I would have done with you!