Friday, July 3, 2009

Really..

How do they know??? How do they know when your exhausted and tired and "over" the disciplining all by yourself?? Bradley has been gone for 9 days..and Charlie is so over me and ready to have Daddy home!!! Earlier this week he locked me out of the house..I went to get the mail and upon returning..door was locked. I had to go talk to a neighbor that I have not spoken to in the 6 years that we have been here and ask to borrow her phone, don't judge me, and then waited in the 104 degree heat for my super sweet and awesome father-in-law to come let me in..thank goodness my in-laws live close!! So, he knows Daddy is gone and clearly is over Mommy!!


Even now as I am typing this, the house has gotten quiet. I am thinking.."is there anything even left for him to get into"..can I get a collective..Bless her Heart.. I just found him in his closet up on the second shelf playing with his cars....Yes, sitting where his shoes are in the below picture.. Back to my original story..Charlie is supposed to be laying down for a nap and about 45min into the supposed nap I hear a loud crash and screaming. I run in there and see "blood" all over him..or is it red paint???? There is no paint in his room..what kind of mom keeps paint in their child's room?? Apparently this one does..I follow the red trail to the closet and find this... He climbed into the brown cart thing and climbed up to the shelf with shoes..then proceeded to stand up..

And way up top..like 6 feet off the ground I had some face paint. Notice the walls, hangers, clothes, shoes..little bits of paint on it all..


especially here...nice..


In other fun events I also had my hot glue gun blow up..literally ..while making bows and blew a breaker. I am a smart wife..so I was irritated when I could not find the breaker box. I refused to be "that girl" who cant work her own house...after a day of searching I found it...

No wonder I could not find it..it was behind the flag..nice
So, with Daddy's return very soon, surely all the big "fun" stuff is out of the way!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry, but that is hilarious. Somebody is almost 2...

Brenda said...

I'm impressed with his 'inquisitive' nature.... I'm thinking engineer like his daddy... or gymnist like his cousin, Katie....That is a hysterical story, one to remind him of when he is 14. Priceless! And I love the look on his face.... whaaaat? Hang in there, he's not even 2 yet! BTW, he's being a perfect angel today... course he's still asleep, 8:06. Love you, have a great day relaxing at work.

Allene said...

I am trying not to laugh, but it is true how much he is like his daddy! Bradley locked me out of the house when he was just about 2 years old when we lived in Niagara Falls, when Rich was out of town for 3 months! I told Rich if he heard on the news that a woman jumped over Niagara Falls, it was going to be me!!!

Oh yes, he did do dresser drawer climbing one time and it came down on him. We bolted it to the wall after that incident.

I am not going to tell you the other things he did when he was 2, or it may scare you!

Daddy's coming home soon!!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

Oh my goodness, you've got your hands full!!! And I can sit here and laugh! :) Good thing he is so darn precious, huh?!?!?