Sunday, July 5, 2009

Boyd play time

My SIL Laura lives in Boyd on a lot of land and basically lives in a farm like setting..goats, cows, horses, donkeys..etc. It is heaven for Charlie..unless you make him touch or ride one..otherwise he is loving it!! We went out there recently and I am just now getting my pictures up..better late then never!!
My BIL Derrick trying to ease Charlie into playing with Ginger the goat..not happening as you can see!

It's all good from the other side of the fence!

Derrick kept trying to tell Charlie that he could ride the goats..apparently Libby does and loves it...Charlie was not going for it so Derrick tried to show him how it was done! We all got a great laugh, but Charlie was no where closer to getting on Ginger!
Feeding the donkey our leftover watermelon..yes, Derrick has both of them and that is Libby touching the donkey

Notice Charlie clutching and pulling on Derricks shirt!

Finally he felt comfortable to touch it

The man of the day..there was no doubts that Charlie knew Derricks name after this day..he calls his name often now..usually followed by some animal that they have out there, but he says his name none the less.
This is how he prefers horses...far away!

Love it!!

Oh yes, this is the other kind of horse he prefers!

I am not gonna even say how long it took him to figure out this was fake and would not hurt him!
Derrick teaching everyone how to lasso.. and Charlie became their target after he ran in front of them!

Derrick built Libby a play house next to their house and the kids were loving it in there!

At least he will know his way around a kitchen!!
Miss Libby loves to be on the horse and ride it, but I think that was as close as Charlie allowed Laura to get him to the horse!
Look how stinkin cute she is!!!!!!
And this is the universal sign that the day is done!

4 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

I teach in Boyd - too funny.

Allene said...

Thanks for the memories of a great day with the family in the country. It was such a nice cool day. . . a month ago!!!

Amber said...

Love Bradley's new car. I bet it gets great gas mileage.

The Davis Daily said...

Hey there! I just saw your little count down, for the newest addition. I kept wondering if everything went through. Have you found out the sex?

Kelby and I are starting the process finally. The neatest thing happened today though. Our friends mom know of 13 children who are being put up for adoption, two of which are 1 mo. and 9 mo. So we are looking into this and have to really get started on paperwork.