Saturday, June 27, 2009

Smmer fun!

****Warning****Excessive pictures..sorry!!
I have so been looking forward to our Lake trip with the Brooms and I was so not disappointed!! We had a blast and decided it must become an annual thing..I will admit that when she said annual trip I asked if we could do it again in July or August and then make it an annual trip!! I love being in the water, but lakes kinda freak me our since I cannot see the bottom..but after a few hours in it..and nothing ever touched my legs, then I was good to go!! We got Charlie a life jacket..which he asks to wear around the house all the time.. To hear him say life jacket cracks me up!

Day one..Baby gate up..so where do you think the kids want to play??? Look at Charlies face..he LOVES Cason..he has always loved Cassidee, but Cason is old enough to play with now and Charlie loves Cason..Like every child he may sometimes forget that Cason is still kinda a baby!!

Don't you love how they revert when they are around "babies"!..anyone who is below the age of 5 is a baby to Charlie!
Could this kid loves horse's anymore...pretty sure the answer to that is a resounding no!

Ready to head out..one minor problem...yeah, Daddy was thrilled to see him wearing Cass's shoes!! I love that even though we are "old" Bradley still has fun and always wants to try new things and challenge himself..he has water skied before, but it has been years. No one else was skiing, but he grabbed a pair of ski's to "try it out again". When I "try" things out, it takes me at least 10 times before I feel decent or good at it...
..this picture is him on the first try... he did bust like 5 min later..only because he was trying to do tricks..such a kid still!

Sorry for the blur, this was the only picture I had of me and Charlie tubing. Charlie has become very frightened of the water this summer....the last day of swim class was horrible and apparently left a bad taste in his mouth! He was timid in the lake for sure, but way more relaxed in the lake as opposed to the pool...maybe it was the life jacket and constant holding! Anyway, on the tube he had a blast and would talk to you the entire time..narrating for you, not that you could hear him!
Bradley tubing the first day..we got a new tube on day two!

Smiling and flat out refusing to open his eyes..he would open just a slight bit, smile, and shut them tight again..stinker!! And yes, we had hats and sunglasses offered to him and he politely refused!

Looks thrilled, doesn't he!

Check out his fro from the wind and sunscreen in his hair and check out my hubby's sweet tan lines!

We were trying to tell him that this was water, but he looked at us like we were crazy. I was very adamant to tell him about the water because all I could think was the Gray's dog Lacy just walking in to the green water! He would tell the water bye-bye from the back of the boat because he could see it moving, but to the sides of the boat was not water to him!

Fresh from playing in the water!!

There are so many ideas and captions in my head right now..if only there was audio for our first ride together!!!!..there is a video of us hitting a bump and being thrown off like rag dolls, but it needs to be cropped and I don't know how to do that..I will try to get it up..it's a good laugh!
I will just say that riding with someone..especially Kendra..is way more fun then by yourself!!!!

Day one with the old tube..he loved it, which surprised me..it just did not look that comfortable!



Have I mentioned before that I love to wear him out in the water and get some great naps in afterwards...
I tried to only post our families pictures, but this could not be missed..Cass had to go potty and Jeremy just dipped her over the side..with Charlie watching..nice!! I love that they are just as classy as we are!!!

Day two tubing was a much better hit!!..with all of us!!




I did not manage to get a picture of Bradley doing this, but he decided to see if he could stand...so then we all had to follow! I did not get a picture of me, but I did get a small video!

Our driver for the day!

This was Kendra standing up..I almost got it before she fell!!!!


Yes, he tormented me and knocked me off!! But yes we had a blast!!
Hanging out in the water!



All day today I have heard..."where is Cass and the boat..the big boat"...apparently those were his two favorite things from this trip!!!
And this is why I love lake days in the sun!

Our required group picture that the guys just love!!

Thanks Brooms for the awesome trip!!!! Looking forward to our next trip in April!

We attempted to use the timer and take a few on our own..little dark!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Amazing trip - looks like so much fun, wow am I missing him .... and all of you! Becky shared this fun lake house with all of us girls a few years back. Love hospitable friends... especially when they have a lake house! Glad you got to get away and relax.... even if that pic of you on the tube doesn't look like you were very relaxed. Love you all.

Tracy said...

Yea :) Glad to see that you actually got into the lake!!! :) haha....and I expect to see pics of YOU skiing next time :) It's fun!!!

Glad yall had a great time!

*Kendra* said...

We had such a blast with yall. Wanna go again...um....next week?! Love the memories we have now!