Thursday, June 18, 2009

Min-a-sooota..

You get the idea with the title..they talk funny up there!! My trip was way to short, but as usual..it was loads of fun doing a whole lotta nothing! We arrived at 10am on Fri and headed to the Mall of America..what a girls trip without some shopping!

We grabbed some lunch at a Mexican restaurant on the top floor that overlooked all the roller coasters..which I rode! I know I am old because when Heidi and I were in line the little girl behind us asked "Are you riding this ride", with a confused look...To which I snottily replied like a 5 year old "Uh, yeah..what's it to you"..not really, but I wanted to..
How fun!
This is why Abbe and I will always be BFF...she loves cookies with icing just as much as I do!! And yes, we walked the mall with a greenish mouth!
I don't know what the rest of the world does on their get togethers, but ours consist of cooking, eating, movies, games and TONS of laughing!! We promptly decide on a menu and began cooking dinner..everyone had a job..
Heidi made the most fabulous Bolognese Sauce
that we found of the Pioneer Woman website! We took this picture cause it called for milk which we thought was super weird, but it tasted so dang good!
See...
I got to make the homemade pasta..which I was super pumped about..I was really wanting to do this one!! It was so great that I am making it for dinner again tonight!
It did not taste like normal spaghetti, but it was AMAZING!!


Dinner time on the deck..notice the jackets..the weather was so so so nice!
Looks good..

apparently it was...

Don't judge me for going back for seconds on the pasta..it is a must try!!
Abbe made the dessert..holy cow, so good, but one bite was enough! I cannot remember what site this came from, but she did good!!!

Aren't we crafty!

Good dinner followed up by a marginal girlie movie. Due to our dinner we got up the next morning and headed to one of the 10,000 lakes up there and went for a 5 mile walk. Not that we did not need a 5 mile walk to work off dinner, but we wanted to keep Abbe in check as she prepares for the 3-day in November...if you are wanting to donate to anyone walking then feel more then free to help Abbe out HERE.
I don't know if everyone knows this because I did not until Abbe decided to walk, but to participate in the 3-day each individual must raise $2,300 (I think, it may be $2,500) or else you pay it yourself..so feel free to check out her blog!!

This is where the magic happened!! This is where we sat for maybe 5 hours playing Phase 10..Abbe had never played and Heidi and I thought we would teach her..sure enough she one the first game...and many hours later at 1ish we called it a night..and no, I never won once!!!

It was a blast and I look forward to the next one...here in TEXAS... when Heidi moves back from the frozen tundra!!!! Love you girls!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

The mall, movies, FOOD, a deck, and girlfriends are always a GREAT TIME!
The dinner/dessert looks UH-MAZINGLY goood! I'll have to try it!

Heidi Schlemmer said...

YEA for fun girl time! Miss you already. You left your USA...oh ya, I mean China shirt behind. Do you want me to mail it to you? Love ya!

LucieP said...

yay for girl time! We all need it!