Friday, June 5, 2009

Stockyards!

Bradley's family has family in from Austria and so we have been going fast all week showing them Texas..and I don't know how many times I have thought.."What must they really be thinking!!" Allene had planned to go to the Stockyards and watch the Longhorns run ..they do it every day at 11:30 and 4..and I have never managed to do this before!! I actually have not been to the Stockyards in over 10 years so it was a nice visit!

Libby and Laura. Libby was so excited to see the cows and horses..she lives on a "farm/ranch" and has cows, horses, donkeys and much more at her fingertips daily so she was super cool with all the animals...my child was not so cool with them!!


With Papa getting ready for the cows..the fear is starting to set in!! We have seen cows plenty of times before at the Deer Lease and Laura's house and he loves to point them out when we are driving by them. But being that close was not okay with him..freaking out!!! He kept saying "Cows with horns, Cows with horns" really fast..apparently Longhorns are not a favorite of his..and that makes his Daddy smile..you know how he feels about UT..

I took a million and finally got on where they are both looking at me and smiling in my direction!..love her pigtails!

Believe it or not they are loving on each other!

See!!

"Cows with horns"

This was the horses that he was okay with!! And kept asking to ride over and over again! Thanks Papa for all the quarters!
I am sure that he now thinks that all the horses there are broken..cause that was the answer he was given the next 100 times he asked to ride!

We had a great day and I have some great pictures from Friday to get up!!

1 comments:

Allene said...

Pictures don't really show all the smiles and laughter of the day. Thanks for making the trip to the stockyards very special for Norbert, Erna, Florian, Edith, Jutta & Rudi. They think Charlie is a sweet little boy! (Of course we all knew that already!)