Monday, May 18, 2009

Lake Caddo

So, it was another great weekend down at Lake Caddo..the place we go every year with our family friend's..see here for the reminder that it's not "that kind" of lake..it's a swamp! Below picture can serve as a reminder also!

(that white dot is not a blur on the camera..it's a plate for target practice..that's how we roll..WT style)

So, the trip started off nice and relaxing. I had gone down early with just a few other people so on most of Friday it was calm and quiet..so much so that I suggested taking a walk with Charlie and the other two girls that were there, Ella and Reagan. We are just a little bit away from the group when Charlie screams at the top of his lungs..literally the girliest loudest scream I have ever heard him make..at that same time I noticed what he did....see below picture..

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!! I was freaking out...Due to our recent love of the Zoo and our constant visiting of it I have learned two things about snakes..1.) triangle shaped head means RUN and 2.) When the snakes are "nite-nite" (not moving ) then Charlie is cool with them, but the minute they move..he's out!

Needless to say, this one was slithering right in front of us..5 feet away and had it's triangle head up for me to see! He screamed and I grabbed the girls hand and we walked back..I avoided screaming and running to not freak the girls out..I think I deserve a pat on the back for that one! It was a water moccasin by the way..

Compared to that, the rest of the weekend was a breeze..great fun, great food and great naps were had by all!!

This picture is blurry, but it was the only picture I got..the rest were videos of the bounce house. Do I even need to say that it was a huge hit! Thanks Jodi!

This was my millionth attempt to get them sitting and reading..in person it was cute..trust me!

Blowing bubbles, painting, and playing with Plato (which I just realized I can't spell)...they were in Heaven!
If I hear "boat" one more time.. so help me!

This was his first time out and it cracked me up...while we were out the big kids (Adam, me and Bradley) were discussing alligators, spiders and snakes..just cause we were talking about things we were seeing or hoping to not see. Charlie was sitting on my lap and every time one of those 3 things were mentioned Charlie would grab my hand and clench his legs around mine. He is clearly not a fan of those 3 things!


Go ahead, be jealous..I know I am rocking it!


Big pimpin in the pink Barbie jeep!

Love his face!! This was my favorite picture from the weekend!

It's no fun unless someone has the guns out..classy huh!

I tried so hard to get a picture of them driving, but they were just going to fast for me!


Our family pic this year..much more accurate then last years! We looked appropriately "Caddo rough" this year!

It's hard to see Brady, but he is pulling the trigger for Bradley..it was actually cute to see him get so excited! Brady..not Bradley!


They had so much fun together and even more fun on the "bike"


Sorry about the red eye..the minute I got the camera out Brady plastered this smile on his face and looked ONLY at the camera..only getting close to the lake and trees a few times!

I believe a "peace out" was tossed our way as they drove by..

Finding our treasures in the swamp..crawfish, shrimpy things, tadpoles, frogs and other swampy things! I loved it when Adam found a tadpole with legs on it and Addison busted out with "We are learning about that in school, that's stage four"..too funny! It was a great weekend and I am glad to be home to the 7 loads of laundry that await me!!
I am still putting together a post from when Aric and Amber were here...maybe this week!


3 comments:

Jodi said...

Loved every minute! :)

Brenda said...

These pictures are great, hadn't seen all of them. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the one of Charlie and Brady on the bike! Two cute little boys. And, yes, the more I look at them, the more WT it seems. Funny, didn't seem that way when we were actually doing all of the fun stuff, only looking at pictures of it! Love you all.

Tracy said...

Love all of the Caddo pics!! It's so cute/fun to see all of the little kiddos there now!! :) Glad yall had a great time.