Last weekend we headed to Lake Caddo for a 3 day weekend. Let me just clarify as we begin.."Lake Caddo" is more of a swamp..snakes, alligators, etc. So when I say "weekend at the lake", swimming, sunning and boats are not what we had in mind!! We spent the weekend..eating, sleeping, reading, riding the 4-wheeler or dirt bike, getting on the boat and some more eating and sleeping!! We had a great time and all the kids were so good..it was 9 kids and they were all so stinkin fun and enjoyable. Below are some out of order pictures from the weekend..sorry there are not a lot, but I did not have my own camera and mom got me as many as she could before she left town!
Everyone took their turn taking the kids on rides..the 4-wheeler and dirt bike were a huge hit..not only with the little kids!
And no, there were no helmets..but we were also kinda in the middle of nowhere....and yes, we did pile as many kids on as possible!!
I look rough..but this is how your supposed to look at Caddo..for the first time since my tween years, I actually showered and then fixed my hair down there...but not in this pic!! Also, please notice our matching skulls shirts ...and no I did not plan it.
This is the one picture that I showered and cleaned up for. Bradley, Charlie and I slept in a tent. The first night I was in tears, crying on Bradley's shoulder at 4am when I could not sleep. I know it sounds whinny, but Charlie went to bed at 2:30am..so there is where the tears mainly stemmed from!! The next night he slept from 7pm-7am..sweet!! The last night though..It was FREEZING!! Charlie kept waking up..I assume cause he was cold. So at 5am Bradley just loaded them up..I had fallen back asleep..and took a drive in the car to warm up..and put Charlie asleep. I woke up at 6 and saw they were still sleeping so I took a hot shower..another I don't do at Caddo. It's usually hot enough so that all my showers are cold. Then I fixed my hair..only cause it involved a blow dryer and warmth!! My niece Katie came in and we blew dry her to get her warm and her cloths!!
At Caddo we all usually sit outside most of the day. We talk or read or whatever..put a pack and play in the middle of that circle and you have happy kids who will sit there for hours upon hours!! When Charlie would get bored we just put Brady or Reagan or Cassidee in there..and suddenly he was entertained again!
Love my little mother hen..always taking care of our babies!!
Blurry, but I love this picture!
Reading with Alicia..I love that down there a shortage of hands for someone to hold your baby is never an issue!!
Please find me a child that does not LOVE Joe!!
And I will end on this WT picture!!! No, he is not touching it..even though the pic looks like it!! Mommy wanted him to touch it by laying it around his neck/shoulders...how great would that picture be..but no...everyone else said no way..including Daddy. Let me just state that it was dead and had no head..what damage could actually be done!!
So, if you were ever questioning it...yes, I am a redneck at heart!!!
Sorry about not great blogging lately, but with ear infections, selling 2 Trucks/Suv's and buying 2 cars and being out of town..little time was left for blogging! If it makes you feel better, I have not even seen last weeks Grey"s Anatomy..see, I am busy!! Also, I have not taken a lot of pictures lately..I will do better I swear!! And hopefully within the next few weeks we will get our name on the Embryo donor list..so that will give me more to blog about (and if your curious..the whole procedure wont occur till late summer probably!)
Please say a prayer for my brother Aric today. He is having surgery this morning. Please ask for wisdom for the Dr and Anesthesiologist and peace for Amber and Mom and Dad as they wait for him.

6 comments:
I am so glad y'all had fun at Caddo, I can't believe Charlie is just chillin by that giant snake!
glad to hear that Aric is out of surgery and doing well. Caddo looks awesome, minus the snakes and all! Love ya!
Love the pics.... except the one where I look horrible. I know, I know, it's Caddo!! But my nose does look extra pointy. BLAH
You look way too pretty to be at Caddo in the last picture with you, Bradley and Charlie!
Thanks for posting the pics. Before Aric was taken in, he was saying I should take a picture of him holding a sign that says, "I'd feel better if Amie and Jodi posted Caddo pictures."
Seriously, thanks for showing us all up by getting pretty while we were there. I didn't even pack makeup.
You are so right... what kid doesn't LOVE Joe?! Reagan has asked for GiJoe since we have been home a few times!
I loved the Caddo blog... it gives me SO much more insight than just working together! You crack me up! Reading about your family adventures & seeing the pics warms my heart.. it brings back so many of my own family memories & helps FL seem not so far away!
Post a Comment