Tuesday, October 20, 2009

they are funny..

Charlie is at that age where at least once a day he says something that has me calling Bradley at work..this is one of those post that may be more for my benefit then you guys, but I wanted to remember the funny things he has said!!


--------------------

We were saying our prayers before bed last night and it went something like this..

Me:Dear God, Charlie repeat

Me: Thank your for mommy and Daddy, Charlie repeat

Me: And thank you for Cady and Mark, Charlie repeat

Me: And please bring me, Charlie repeat

Me: a baby brother or sister soon,

Charlie: Um, no

Me: Don't you want a baby brother or sister?

Charlie: Um, no. No baby. AMEN!

..and off to bed he went...nice!

--------------------

Charlie to me.."Mommy, stop freaking out..otay". Think he has heard that one one to twice! (in my defense I was cooking and NOT freaking out!)

---------------------

When we were looking at houses we took Charlie one time and when we would go into the houses our Realtor would say "Linda (last name), Coldwell Banker"

About the third house we walked into Charlie goes "Linda (last name), cooking bacon"..cracked me up!

----------------------

Me to Charlie.."Do you want a baby brother or a baby sister"..his response.."Um, a baby alligator". "You really want a baby alligator"..his response..."Totally dude"..I think I can thank Cassidee for that one!!

I know there are more funny things, but once you sit down to write it out...it all goes out the window!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Seriously, laughed outloud!! Too cute! And you're right, never can remember them when you want to!!

My fave was the "cooking bacon"... :)

Brenda said...

yep, laughing out loud. And, what a good way to document this for the future. BTW, tell him to stop cancelling out our prayers! Hoping God's not listening to an innocent, but ill-informed 2 year old, over several very persistent, yet 'not as innocent' adults. Thanks for bringing a smile to my very tired face!

Jodi said...

Ain't NO WAY he can cancel out all our constant prayers!!! :) Besides, that sweet little boy's heart is CERTAINLY praying for a baby sibling, he just doesn't realize it! :)

Tracy said...

lol!! :) i love the funny things that kids say!!!! i try to write all of them down, but like you said, i forget half of them once i finally get around to writing it down! :)

kids make me laugh

Mandy said...

So cute. Ella and I say the same prayer every night. Ella always says she wants a baby girl and NOT a boy. So funny. BTW... I bought some of your bows today! I coach preschool gymnastics at pennington in the mornings and one of the moms brought in a bunch of your bows that are so cute by the way! I actually have a bow request if you're willing!! Charlie is adorable!!

*Kendra* said...

I'm guessing the "totally dude" did come from Cassidee. I've got to stop saying "dude" in front of her. "cooking bacon" is greatness!

Allene said...

I am making a collection of Charlie-isms myself. BTW, he said to Rich yesterday before going for a nap, "Night-night Papa Dude!"

And you cannot convince him that he is 2 years old. He is 6 years old and that is the end of that discussion!!!