A few weeks ago..well, its actually been over a month now, we got a call that we had been picked by a birth mom and she was due in a few weeks....obviously it did not work out, but just to keep everyone updated here is the email that I sent to my family....
"No, we are not getting a baby, but i just wanted to update you guys on what happened yesterday. We got the call at 11 that we were selected by a birth mom..throughout the day I found out that is was due next week..and you know that is what I was praying for, I love the "no wait" time. We were supposed to get more information at our conference call that was supposed to happen today at 10am.
At 4pm yesterday I got a call saying that due to recent changes in the birth father..who up until this point had been very cooperative..it was now off basically. Due to his recent behavior in the last 2 weeks they felt a closed adoption was the only really safe option..which was not what this adoption was originally going to be..They left the decision up to us to see if we wanted to let the baby be born then go into foster care for a month and then do a closed adoption after 30 days. We don't do closed..and since the mom already knew our full names..and we both knew where each other lived..closed is not really an option. They could not guarantee that Dad would not try to harm us if he knew us..and if mom knew us and he threatened her or her other kids then she could maybe tell him out of fear....
So, yesterday was great for the first 5 hours and today feels like so many other of our adventures to get a child...your going to have a baby..oh wait your not. Needless to say I was upset and down right angry at the agency for even telling us for 5 hours. I know no one has control over that father and that up until now he has been on board and super cooperative..but I feel that maybe some lack of communication left us with a crap day. I am sad, but I was surprise at how sad..it is amazing what you mind can plan and dream for in a short 5 hours...
We are fine and we trust God and we know he has the perfect baby for us, but this still sucks big time..
amie and bradley"
I am putting this up now cause I am okay with it now...I was not a happy camper for a few days..okay, maybe a week! But as with most things, give yourself time and you can find positives in all things God hands you..scratch all, most things. That baby went to another adoptive family right away and is right where he needs to be, and we made a good decision and we are happy with our decision..and now we wait on God and his PERFECT timing..and hey, third time is a charm, right?!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
little update
Posted by
amie
at
1:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh honey... I had heard about this but not ALL the details (and didn't want to say anything until you were ready to talk about it). I am so so so SO sorry. Again, ASTOUNDED at your faith and your way of dealing with all of this. Know that you are prayed over daily in this house, and that I love you dearly!
Amie you and your family are definitely in our prayers. So sorry that this adoption fell through. God has that special baby out there for you and hope that your wait won't be too much longer.
Post a Comment