Monday, March 9, 2009

Way to long..

Sorry, it has been way to long and I am sorry for not posting...that's all the apology you'll get since I kinda needed a break!! I just did not realize it until I had already begun the long break! We just got back from 4 WONDERFUL days in Mexico with our good friends James and Tylene. It was the first vacation in a long time that I thought actually could have gone one more day...I am always ready to come home after a vacation, but this on was so nice it just needed one more day! Prior to leaving we had some other things come up that were weighing me down and exhausting us and until I am ready to post on that I just decided that I needed a blogging break...

I don't have all our Mexico pictures yet, but I will get that post up this week..until then I will leave you with some Zoo pictures from some recent trips! Looking at the buck..I did not know Bradley had taught him that so it cracked me up when we saw the deer and he said buck..he has even learned some snorting noise to go with it. It cracks me up and kinda makes me in awe when some one else has taught him something that I did not know he knew and then one day he just says it. We saw a donkey and he made the donkey noise..I didn't teach him it so I looked at him like he was boy-genius...I have to remind myself that just cause I did not teach it doesn't mean that Daddy, Mutti, Papa, Moms, Grandaddy or any other family member did not teach him it!

He loves to see the alligator and just keep saying over and over..and over and over.."Snap-Snap-Snap"

I hate going into the snake house area, but he loves it so we go...Daddy spends way more time in there then I do! The only one to catch my attention was the albino rattlesnake...I feel for the albino snake, who's skin never quite matches everyone elses!!!

This one was moving all over the place..so gross, I did have creepy snake dreams that night....Charlie was fascinated to actually see one move.

This face sums up how Charlie feels about being in the bird's house..

This time he wanted and did hold the stick..and was super impressed with himself!

This time when we went he held real still when the bird was on there..when I went a week later, that was not the case!

Every now and then we had to remind him to hold the bird up..it slowly kept dropping to his side..
As you can see he got real comfortable with the bird..and really wanted those feathers!!
Once his hand slid to the bottom of it's tail that bird took off..he was not impressed with Charlie!! Bradley and I were cracking up and hoping to not get in trouble!

Here's how this played out..
B: Charlie you need to hold my hand if your going to walk on your own.
C: No thank you
B: Charlie you have to hold my hand or you will ride in the stroller.
C: No
B: Charlie..
C: thinking..if I cant walk alone then I refuse to go.
He sat down and refuse to hold hands..so a small/largish fit followed as we had to forcefully put him into the stroller!

The day before we left town I wanted to do something fun with Charlie..and as much as he loves the Zoo..he loves to do fun things with his friends also!! A few Saturday's ago when Addsion and Katie spent the night, Brady wanted to come also, but since we down sized to a car I no longer have the option to take all 3 at the same time...one of those many moments that I miss my big SUV..anyway, I felt so bad so I decided that I needed to come get him for a boys play day. I think Addison and Katie thought they were gonna get a skip day and join us, but they had to go to school!
The boys did wonderful and were sooo good and so sweet to each other. I rented the double stroller they have at the Zoo so they sat side by side and every now and then I'd look down and they just be hugging and loving on each other..not their usual death grip on each other, but actual real, sweet hugs!

We tried several attempts to get a picture..this was outtake #8..

This was the best it got in terms of a smile from both of them!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

FUN! The zoo pics are fabulous... looking forward to Mexico ones! Good for you guys getting away!

Brenda said...

I always marvel at the 'world knowledge' that all these kids have. Both boys pick up on so much from their surroundings, they are like little sponges. Sadly, I have third graders that have never been to the zoo, never seen some of these animals. We are all richly blessed! Love the memories they are making.

Addison said...

Taking those two to the zoo makes you a "Super Mom". Can I add "crazy" in the middle of that? I'm very happy for you that it worked out well. You love on your kid(s) well. We are blessed!

Alicia said...

Cute! I am in awe of Charlie holding the bird...crazy!