Friday, March 20, 2009

Aquakids!

We put Charlie in swim lessons starting last week and they will take us thru the end of May..right up to pool time! Our only goal was for him to hopefully be able to get out if he falls in and to float. I don't figure he will be a great swimmer when this is all done, we just did it now for safety reasons. No matter what the reason, he is loving it!! And I am loving the long naps after swim class! Last week he slept 3 1/2 hours and he is out now...which is the only reason I am getting to blog! Theses are all from the first week when Allene came and took pictures. My mom came today since she's out of school for Spring Break and she was kind enough to take videos for me and Bradley... and I am vain enough to not put them up!! He loved getting the balls and was grabbing 2 every time..this week there was more kids and he was not impressed that he could only get one at a time. They "swim" to get them and "simw" to put them in the basket.
He was more timid last week cause it was his first time..he was way more relaxed and ..outspoken..today. Make me kinda nervous for next week!

Jumping in is by far the best thing to him...I can barley count to 3 before he jumps in!


Just swimming around!!
I chose a guy for his teacher and was super happy that his skin looks very similar to Charlie's. I have been reading up on mixed adopted families and I am trying to incorporate more people who look like him into his life..choosing Dr's and such..not like I am out shopping for friends! Anyway I was happy that he got a guy teacher and it was an added bonus that he looks similar to Charlie!

1 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

How fun! I think taking babies swimming that young is so good for them.