Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sleepover and sponge rollers!

On Sat night Addison and Katie spent the night and I had a moment of .."What was I thinking"..Bradley is gone which meant it was up to me to get all FOUR of us to church..on time!! Happy to report we were ready 20 min early, but managed to get to church just on time..the real on time, not 10 min late!

Last night we swung by Target on the way home and got some sponge rollers! I asked the girls if they wanted to put pink rollers in their hair and they did not know what I was talking about...how is that! When I was little I thought that was what most people just did on Sat night..me excluded, my hair was to thin and never looked "cute" in them!

They had a blast with them and woke up bright and early to check out their hair....it was a lot more curl then I was anticipating, but we tamed it..a little!!


I was just super impressed that I had all the kids fed and dressed by church that I had to snap a pic!!
Addison's curls were not quiet so "Shirley Temple" this morning, but she was shaking her head and flinging all the curls every where after church and I think a lot of the 50 bobby pins dislodged and there were curls everywhere!

Katie Lou..her hair is more like mine and there were a lot of "dead" spots in her hair..but strangly enough I managed to curl some on my own with my flat iron!

Hope your weekends were as exciting as mine...a Chucky Cheese B-day party and sponge rollers..I don't know, it's gonna be tough to beat that!

7 comments:

Brenda said...

They look adorable, but the greatest part is that they would remember how they looked but that their Aunt Amie took the time to make memories with them. One day they will be sharing their own memories on a post/blog or something technolically equal. Love you

linda ford said...

When Katie walked into Bible Class, she was so proud to tell me of her new hairdo that Aunt Amie did for her. Then she started to tell me about these "new" kind of rollers! I said..."Are they pink and sponge-like?" (ha) But, hey, if she wants to think Aunt Amie has come up with something brand new....that's ok!!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at those curls! That brought back memories for me... I definitely slept in the sponge rollers...but I only rolled mine halfway up my head so that just the ends were curled! :)

Jodi said...

OH my word... that is a LOT of curls! Too funny! Man, that definitely brings back memories... glad you introduced them to those "new" kind of rollers!

Wow, all four of up you and ready for class on a Sunday ON TIME... you are superwoman.

Joni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joni said...

I remember the sponge roller days...so much fun! Thanks for sharing.

Marcia said...

Love the sponge rollers!!! I would look forward to going to my Grandmas house so she would roll it for me!! Great memories you made for the girls!