Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our green meal!

So, you know I love to cook in color and St.Patricks day was no exception!! We headed over to the Brooms house with my brother and Christy and had a green meal!! I made chicken fried steak to go with this and after much thought I decided it was best to leave it alone and not try to color it green! I love coloring my food, but even I had a little bit of a hard time with the deviled eggs!! I managed to get pictures of the food, but no one else..priority's right!



Mashed potato's, deviled eggs, green beans, and broccoli!
(I used this picture just for you Kendra)
I made a jello poke cake..I have made 2 now and I did like the one that I made with cherry jello better, but this one was..okay. It looked better then it tasted, but I don't know why I was surprised..I made it with lime jello and I don't like lime jello, but it was green!! I added coconut extract to the cool whip and it was awesome!! It is actually the perfect cake to keep around, cause it is not really unhealthy and since it just taste okay, then your not that tempted by it! It you want the recipe you can click here to go to Amber's blog and get it!

2 comments:

LucieP said...

oh yes! The poke cakes are so yummy! Try with strawberry jell-o and strawberries...so yum!

Being a Star said...

Amie this is michelle Star..Amber' blog is invitation only and I love reading her blog..Could send me her email so I can ask for permission? my email is mhsing@att.net I love reading your blog too. Have a great weekend!!