Friday, February 25, 2011

burn baby, burn

So, I mentioned eairler that I was burning flower-bows..I cannot remember the link that gave me the idea, but if you google it you can get the super simple how to...anyhoo, I wanted to try it out one day.  Problem was the boys were down for a nap and I did not have the right material..or did I?  I have my prom dress hanging in a extra closet..and why I still have it..no clue.  But I did and it was the right material!  So, I got busy and started whipping up what I call prom bows!  I saved some in case I someday have a girl, and the others will be party favors (for the girls) for Eastons birthday party!  The prom bows are the white bows and the other ones are rosette flowers..google them for a tutorial..they are simple and spice up anything!


In addition to cutting up my prom dress I also cut up the scarf from my bridesmaid dress from my brothers wedding.  And yes, you know I tried it on..and yes, it still fits.  I was 16 when my oldest brother got married.so, it still fits almost 16 years later.  No,  I am not small, I'm sure I was just a large 16 yr old!!


I had a helper..:)
Charlie wanted for us to take a picture of each other at the same time!  Pardon the potty in the back ground..at least its flushed:)
You know I tried on the prom dress too!  I tried to pose with my fancy scarf and I cant believe I forgot to put on my gloves for the picture...while the dresses still fit, I don't think I needed spank the first time around!!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

So impressed you can still fit into both those dressed and No, you were not a large 16 year old! Silly girl! Bows are amazing, love the one you made for me, and yes, I did call it my 'prom bow', had to explain that one. You are so crafty, love being the reciepient of those talents. Lovin my wreath!

Cheryl said...

If I tried on my prom dress, I wouldn't need to cut it up to make flowers because IT WOULD RIP!

I love these flowers! I made some for Carly's halloween costume.

You are SO CRAFTY!