Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lake time!

So, we headed back to the lake again last weekend with the Brooms!
We had so much fun last year and I have been really looking forward to getting out on the lake again..I enjoy it, but I love to watch the boys enjoy it even more! We left Easton in good hands with grandparents..I knew we could take him to the lake and he'd be fine, but we went to SeaWorld the last day and I knew he could possibly melt away that day..my super hot baby does not like to get even hotter! Mamaw and Grandad's house has an elevator...need I say more! We were super lazy and used the elevator all weekend..Charlie thought he was cool stuff!

these are backwards..oh well! This is me knee boarding...I know to many people that this is no big deal. It's true that when you have grown up on water and been on boats your whole life..it's not a big deal. I did not grow up on boats and water and have skied once or twice in my life..once in Jr high..and that ended poorly..and once in college out of peer pressure:) So, when my husband assumed that I could not/would not try the knee board I instantly went into "you don't think I can do it?..so now I must "mode"..it took a few tries, but I got up! Long enough to get a photo and feel like the effort was worth it! I actually think this picture was from a time I did not get all the way up, but you get the idea!
this is Kendra explaining to me how to do it..notice the huge laugh/smile on my face...she made it sound simple..and I thought that balancing on the board alone was difficult!!
you know we were rocking the skull tattoo's..there were at least 5 on his body at all times!

Bradley got crafty and made the kids Mickey pancakes..Kendra and I request our initials and a heart..not together!..and we were denied! Guess we know who takes priority!!

This face does not scream "I'm loving it"..we decided that we think he get motion sickness. Charlie would be super happy and going non-stop and then the minute we got on the boat he was very somber..and said his tummy hurt:( The minute we got into the water or off the boat he perked back up...if I was a good mom I would have taken him off the boat, but since we rarely get to do this he stayed on and even got tossed on the tube occasionally!

He was not about to let me and Cass go alone so he hopped on with us! On one side you have Cass screaming "Faster" and on the other you have Charlie saying "Slow down"....does that seem backwards???!!!
This trip Charlie realized that Cason can play too!! The boys had a good time and played good together!..but I think Charlie's favorite thing was to be "bulls-eye" to Cass's "Jessie"(ToyStory)! She got to order him around and he got to be a horse..does it get any better!!

I am biased, but he is beautiful!!
..and a little gay in this hat!! He would never put this hat on if it was his, but since it was Cason's, he was game!..why is other people's stuff always cooler!
I think I took a lot of these type of pictures...I just couldn't stop staring at him!
the hat makes me laugh every time!
no clue what they were doing...something manly I am sure!

someone has no fear.....:)
Yes, this screams WT and safety hazard..it lasted all of 2 min and we were hands on at all times! The kids..and maybe their moms..have a thing about being in lake and being fearful of things touching us..I am doubt full that I passed this to him, but the idea was tossed out!
how is that for a self portrait...amazing..or not!!:)
I think the really cute picture of the three of them is on Kendra's camera..this is the best I got!! Is Charlie is yelling at me to put down the camera..again?? I actually think I catch him right as he screams "Cheese!!"
This fuzzy picture is my husband wake boarding..something he has not done in at least 8 years...and he sure did just pop right up!! Kinda makes me super proud and kinda make me want to hit him...I'm just saying! Every time Bradley and I would fall Charlie would get real concerned and start asking "Are you okay?" over and over until we assured him we were fine! Up next..Arkansas and SeaWorld pictures...man I LOVE summer!!!!!

0 comments: