I would welcome any advice on Eczema..it's a new thing to Bradley and I..and I would love to avoid scaring Charlie and Easton. I have been doing the few things that I know to do, but somehow Charlie's little face still gets white patches..the tanner he gets the more noticeable it is. His face has actually improved over the summer..with excessive sunscreen:), but now it's getting bad elsewhere...any advice is welcome...were headed to the Dr today for Easton's 4 month and I plan to get a Derm consult, but that can take forever to get in!!..you can kinda see the white spots on his face in the picture below...




4 comments:
I have eczema and use Cortizone 10 cream. It works (for me anyways) as long as I use it every day. If I skip a couple of days, it comes back.
I am just now facing eczema myself for the first time in my life. Most likely due to hormonal changes after baby. Mine is hand eczema which is apparently the worst to treat. I just went to the derm Friday and came home with a slew of products- steroid lotion, a cream that blocks chemicals and neutrogena hand cream (doc has hand eczema and highly recommended it). I have been using cetaphil in the shower and to wash my hands and it has helped alot. I think the biggest thing is to moisturize and not let him scratch. Once it gets irritated and the skin gets broken it is harder to treat.
We've battled eczema for years with Fisher (it was much worse when he was an infant). I'm not crazy about steroid use, but for really bad flareups we use a prescription topical called Locoid. We would also use Aquaphor on his skin two-three times each day. I have yet to find anything that works better.
~Feydra
i have had ezcema forever!! cetaphil cream (not moisturizer) is the only lotion that doesn't feel like fire ants. wet wraps do wonders! sunlight actually fills in the white spots for me and is really good for the ezcema. i am going to try light therapy with my dermotologist this winter. i use coconut oil to maintain skin during non break out times. i apply some type of moisturizer 2-4 minimum daily. for me personally, aquaphor and vaseline just stay on top of the skin and don't soak in to treat it. my spots get really really white if i have to use my prescription too much. so, i am trying to get it under control and then moisturize like crazy to avoid having to use the prescrip as often. two doctors have recommended protopic to treat the white spots, but i cannot tolerate it. maybe charlie can. and to be honest, i scratch it. sometimes it is just worth it:)
Post a Comment