On Monday we are headed to Abilene for our final court date. After Monday there will be no more 5 pg progress reports, home studies, or visits with Christian Homes. While we love them it will be nice to be totally done with them..and paying them!!!
Our obligations with the birth mom and birth dad are one picture and letter/email twice a year at his birthday and at Christmas. We have not been able to put into words/letter how we feel about future visits with the birth family's. They are always so wonderful in person...I am not just being nice..they don't read this..they really are great in person, but we feel there has been a lot of visits and Christian homes feels the same. The case worker at our last visit just told me to tell them at this coming up visit on Monday that we had met out requirements and we would wait and see on future visits...easy for her to say...I have to always think..When Charlie gets older and hears this story/reads this letter..how do I want him to feel and view all parties involved.
Anyway, Bradley and I are trying to get together a letter and run it by Christian homes and then the birth mom's mom before it goes to the birth parents. The one thing that keeps coming into my mind is the birth moms comment to us when she was asked about what she wanted in terms of future visits. She told us that she would like to see him, but did not think it would be a good idea because she did not want to confuse Charlie in regards to who his family is. Above all, my biggest concern is doing what is best for Charlie..and we all know that God knows what is best and we just keep praying for his direction and guidance.
My other issue..since I am one a roll..this post was intended to be a one sentence.."Pray for us as we head to Abilene on Monday". We usually hear from birth mom's family not birth mom..which I understand since she is young but when her sisters call to plan a visit..I am out. In my perfect world I would love to have a once a year or every other year visit with just the birth mom. But with her young age comes an entourage..every time. Since this post was to begin as a pray request then I will end on that note..I got an email planning the get together on Monday and I feel certain it will be birth mom and her large entourage....at least I have a few days to get mentally prepared to pass my baby to people I don't know....I am not being rude, I realize they see Charlie as part of their family, but see it from my eyes...that's my baby....when you read that in your head it's supposed to sound sweet not sassy!
I will post on Monday or Tuesday when we get home. I would put a pic with this, but since I am at work it's not happening!
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Were on the final stretch..
Posted by
amie
at
11:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
Amie,
I am praying for you. I pray that God give you the words to say and peace that passes all understanding. I think you and Bradley have handled everything beautiful so far, so don't doubt that EVER. You guys are doing a great job and Charlie is in a very good home because of the two of you. I know it is not easy so I will pray for you, Bradley, Charlie and for the entourage to catch some sort of stomach bug to keep them from being there. :) only kidding...
God bless you guys!
Susan
Amie,
I love reading your blog and checking in on Charlie. You are an amazing mom. I can only imagine how hard this can be on you and Bradley. I am praying for you and that you do what is best for your family.
i'm glad you shared all the specifics to pray for. praying away! charlie is so blessed to have you and bradley for his loving, Godly parents and i'm so glad y'all have him for your precious son!
Amie, I can't even imagine all the anxiety this puts on you guys. You are so sweet and so Christlike in that you are always thinking of how your actions and decisions will affect the others in the situation. You are doing a beautiful job in a tough job, and we are praying that the guidance and peace you are praying for will be easily accessible to you at just the right time! Looking forward to really good news, and looking forward to your having this behind you! Love ya!
I'll be praying for you.
As for the decisions that need to be made, stick with your gut feeling. :)
i love what tracy said about sticking to your gut. every time that i don't, i am super sorry.
we'll be thinking about you.
I've said it once...I will say it again..... I can go to Abilene and kick some sister A$$ if needed!!! ha I know you will get this... and your mom. :)
Good luck with all of this, God will take care of it!
I can go to Abilene and watch Alicia kick a little.....
Amie,
You are wise to consider all angles. You are also correct when you say you are Charlie's family. The birth "aunts" need the same understanding the birth mom has. Continue to be gentle but firm. Meet your obligations to the birth parents. Pray before you speak. Don't borrow trouble. As Charlie grows, he will know exactly who feeds him, sits up with him when he is sick, goes to all his events, and teaches him to be a fine Christian man. Be bold! You are Amie Way-Charlie Way's mom! ok-I will step off my soap box now.
Cindy
Abbe's mom
Amie,
I wish you and your family all the best in this time. You and Bradley will do great, just as you have done this far. You are Charlie's family, never, ever think otherwise. You will be in our thoughts.
Nada
I ditto Amber's words of following Alicia out there... :)
I know this is stressfull on you both and I will be praying for you. I am with everyone else stick with your gut and if needs be let alicia kick butts. :)
M
Amie,
I'm not much for posting comments. Usually just enjoy seeing the little ones growing.
Concerning your post, I am sorry for the heartache that you are having to travel through right now. I want to encourage you to not be hesitant in being Charlie's Mom! Do or say whatever needs to be done or said in his behalf. He is your son! You are his Mom! Adoption does not lessen your right or responsibility. Don't allow anyone (including birth family) make you feel otherwise. You did not adopt the whole family.
I pray for compassionate yet firm words from you.
Vicki McWs
What an amazing blessing to be part of God's family. You and Bradley are so immensely blessed to have so many people in your corner! As I pray specifically for your day, I read these this morning and I have tears to see other people you love, other mom's conforting, encouraging words. Some of these words I have already given you in person(however, Alicia, you're on your own, I'll pay you gas money). Remember,the most important words are from God. Don't be afraid, he is with you, you can do all things, don't lean on your own understanding, trust him and he will give you success... and then our favorite, he has power to give you immeasusrably more than you EVER asked or imagined. You both will do great today and see blessings where you least expect. Congratulations on your journey so far, this is a milestone! I love you all three.
Saying a prayer for you right now this morning! Noah was playing "Charlie" yesterday. I guess that is what he calls pretending to be a baby. He is going to be hugely disapointed to discover that Charlie is no longer a baby. But, maybe since he can play with him more now, he'll be more excited.
Oh Amie, I will be praying for you!! The hardest fights to fight are the fight of a Mommy for your Baby. I will be praying for you and Charlie for peace and comfort. And specifically for strength for you. You are a wonderful mom!!
I'll be praying that God gives you the right words and that all parties involved are at peace with everything. I know Charlie has the best parents in the world and God gave him to ya'll because that is where he belongs. I'll be thinking of you all day on Monday. Much love. Emily
ABC,
Amie, Bradley & Charlie,
You are a family that is centered in Christ. Be sure of the fact that He directs your every path, because He goes before you, there is NOTHING to fear. You are going through a trial that will strengthen your faith in the future, and be sure that you will look back in days to come and see how God worked out every detail to His glory.
Thank you Vicki for sharing your words of wisdom as one who has traveled a similar road.
I am sooooooooo proud of you!
I am storming the gates of heaven with prayer for you today!
Love ya, Mutti & Papa
I'm so nosey---I'm following everyone to Abilene to back up Alicia! :) Love yall!
Amie,
I pray that all went well today. I know that God was right by your side every step of the way. I am so glad that Vicki shared her comments because that's kind of what I was thinking, but I've never been through anything like this. Charlie is so lucky because he has parents that believe so whole heartily in God's guidance and love. We love you!
Shannon
Amie,
I am so glad to hear that all went well. Never do what anyone tells you to do. No one but you and your husband know "how many visits" are to many or not enough. As far as her, the birth mom, family goes they may not have given birth to him but they still love him and hurt just like she does. Please keep their entire family into consideration as well as "the bio parents". Your family loves him a ton and so do theirs.
Anna
Post a Comment