Monday, April 7, 2008

Table for 18..

I am still to whipped and tired to write about today..maybe later this week. The family lunch was a bit much...duh..hence the title.....but the court part was great. The lawyer warned us it can be a bit emotional, but I just shrugged it off. Today was not that big of a deal to us in the sense that we have felt he was ours since the day we brought him home. But when the lawyer started asking us individually.."You are here cause you want to be his mom".."You will now be his mom"..there was more and it was sweet but I just kept thinking to myself " Don't nod..say yes". Needless to say I look like crap in these pictures cause I cried and also got real nervous at the last moment..I mean, I was in court! Charlie and the Judge..she was so nice! Afterwards, she came down and wanted to see him. She picked him up and then said" Oh, I changed my mind, I want him". We laughed and then someone pointed out that she could actually do that if she wanted!


We stripped him down and loaded him up..he was also whipped I feel sure!!
Bottom line from today..Charles Walker Way is now Charlie Walker Way..Cady thought we were naming him Charles so the birth certificate will now say Charlie....which is actually cool that she gave him our name from the start..any way, I digress
I got what I needed from the family today..and that was the motivation to write my letter..I just need to whittle it down form the 27 pages that it is in my head to at least...5..!
Thanks for all your calls and comments!!!

15 comments:

Amber said...

Those pics with the judge are priceless! How cute for the baby book!

I'm glad you're at home and in bed and today is all over with! Good luck with the letter writing.

Amber said...

IS HE DRINKING OUT OF A SIPPY CUP?????? MAKE HIM STOP!

Jodi said...

Yay for Charlie Walker Way! He has always been yours... I am just glad that you can maybe rest a bit easier tonight knowing it is DONE!

That last bit about getting the motivation you needed for the letter sounds juicy. I am curious... but glad you know what you want to say!

We love you three! YAY! So many prayers for so long and answered again today....

Jodi said...

Amber and I are tying together... :)

I was thinking the same thing about the sippy!!! And the fake walking pic with the judge too! MAKE HIM STOP!

Jodi said...

I meant we are "typing"...

MELANIE said...

I'm glad today is over! I've been thinking about you and praying for you all day! Yeah for Charlie Walker Way!! :)

Alicia said...

YAHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Yeah! I prayed for you all day long, thank you for sharing your story with us.

Anonymous said...

God is sooooo good. He has answered the prayers of many and today we rejoice.

We love you all. Tom and Karen

Unknown said...

WooHoo! It is finished! Now for the fun stuff-dirty diapers, runny noses, and millions of kisses!
Abbe's mom

Julie said...

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Charlie... He is just such a special little boy!

*Kendra* said...

Glad your day is over and everything went well. Can't wait to see yall. Love yall!

Andrea said...

AMAZING! WOW, glad that this chapter has closed for you. You guys have done such a great job with him and he is just the cutest darn boy, still pretty! Sorry Bradley! Love his smile and love the pictures. Try to get you some rest, I was right there crying with you, you know me! hehe! Love you guys, Andrea

Abbe said...

So glad that you are even more officially Charlie's mom, even though you already were in his heart. So sorry you were whipped, glad you got the motivation for the letter, you know I think it is a great idea and will help in any way I can.

Tracy said...

Yea! So glad that it is behind you. I like what Jodi said. He has always been yours...but now he is officially on paper! :) Congrats!