Busy day so I will just post these quickly..your welcome Aric!!!
Amber and Sage
Charlie smiling at Adam..Adam says it was his hat, but we will say it was Adam!!

We all got together for Granner's surprise b-day and here is a pic of Granner and all her great-grand kids..we never got one great shot..cannot imagine why!!
Sheer Chaos!!....as is all our family get together's!
We went to Abilene to meet the birth father for the first time..yes, he is black!!..so many of our friends/acquaintances somehow missed that!! So many people come up to me and tell me what beautiful skin color Charlie has...that is his main complement. Most people have not clue he is 1/4 black. Mark is 1/2...that is the reason we got Charlie so quickly..because we were okay with his mixed race. I just think it's sad that others were not willing to consider him because of that and now that is what almost everyone loves most about him....but God knew all along that he was meant to be with us..so in a way I am glad they were not okay with it! The picture is Lynelle (Mark's mom), Mark, and his brother John Michael. The meeting went good and they were both very polite, respectable, "yes mam" kinda boys. I soooo wanted to tell him not to call me mam, but I knew he was just being polite. I am not old enough to be a mam!! We will probably not see either of the birth parents again until Feb, when we got back to make it official with the agency..after that not until his 1 year b-day. Cady said in the beginning she never wanted him confused as to who his parents were so I think everyone will be okay with decreasing visits. After his one year b-day I am thinking that we will keep talking about them, but wait until Charlie ask to see them. I have never done this before..the whole adopted mom thing..so who knows. I am looking into a support group for adopted parents. I always want to do what is best for Charlie, but I am not going to act like I know what that is all the time..may be nice to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions...
Brady..I cannot believe he turns 1 on Friday..so crazy!! He is exactly 10 months older then Charlie.

Amber snapped this shot and I thought it turned out really good!..it's my sister-in-law Christy and Adam, my brother.
Yes, I am giving him chocolate..I am not taking him home with me so why not!!
Trying to get happy outside!
Brady is kissing him not biting him..he loves to love on Charlie!! We were just playing around with the basket and Brady was loving it and smiling a lot so we busted out the cameras!

Here is all 4 of us..Cady, Me, Bradley, Mark and Charlie. I feel certain this will probably never happen again..per them, not us...but I am grateful they let us grab this picture for Charlies sake. I think he will really appreciate this when he is older!
Mark and Charlie..don't ask about the shirt..I guess that it's cool if your 17...
Yes, my pictures are all out of order as usual..it's just quicker this way!
I loved his outfit on Sunday..it was his first day to go to Sunday school..it was easy to let him go ..since I am his teacher!!..and mom is my helper!!
Love Noah's shirt..love this kid..so stinkin sweet!!
Yeah, we were kicking butt!! I crack up and smile every time I see this picture!!
Charlie and Brady..I love that they are so close in age!
Amber and Sage
Charlie smiling at Adam..Adam says it was his hat, but we will say it was Adam!!
We all got together for Granner's surprise b-day and here is a pic of Granner and all her great-grand kids..we never got one great shot..cannot imagine why!!
Sheer Chaos!!....as is all our family get together's!
We went to Abilene to meet the birth father for the first time..yes, he is black!!..so many of our friends/acquaintances somehow missed that!! So many people come up to me and tell me what beautiful skin color Charlie has...that is his main complement. Most people have not clue he is 1/4 black. Mark is 1/2...that is the reason we got Charlie so quickly..because we were okay with his mixed race. I just think it's sad that others were not willing to consider him because of that and now that is what almost everyone loves most about him....but God knew all along that he was meant to be with us..so in a way I am glad they were not okay with it! The picture is Lynelle (Mark's mom), Mark, and his brother John Michael. The meeting went good and they were both very polite, respectable, "yes mam" kinda boys. I soooo wanted to tell him not to call me mam, but I knew he was just being polite. I am not old enough to be a mam!! We will probably not see either of the birth parents again until Feb, when we got back to make it official with the agency..after that not until his 1 year b-day. Cady said in the beginning she never wanted him confused as to who his parents were so I think everyone will be okay with decreasing visits. After his one year b-day I am thinking that we will keep talking about them, but wait until Charlie ask to see them. I have never done this before..the whole adopted mom thing..so who knows. I am looking into a support group for adopted parents. I always want to do what is best for Charlie, but I am not going to act like I know what that is all the time..may be nice to hear other peoples thoughts and opinions...
Brady..I cannot believe he turns 1 on Friday..so crazy!! He is exactly 10 months older then Charlie.
Amber snapped this shot and I thought it turned out really good!..it's my sister-in-law Christy and Adam, my brother.
Yes, I am giving him chocolate..I am not taking him home with me so why not!!
Trying to get happy outside!
Brady is kissing him not biting him..he loves to love on Charlie!! We were just playing around with the basket and Brady was loving it and smiling a lot so we busted out the cameras!
Here is all 4 of us..Cady, Me, Bradley, Mark and Charlie. I feel certain this will probably never happen again..per them, not us...but I am grateful they let us grab this picture for Charlies sake. I think he will really appreciate this when he is older!
Mark and Charlie..don't ask about the shirt..I guess that it's cool if your 17...
Yes, my pictures are all out of order as usual..it's just quicker this way!
I loved his outfit on Sunday..it was his first day to go to Sunday school..it was easy to let him go ..since I am his teacher!!..and mom is my helper!!
Love Noah's shirt..love this kid..so stinkin sweet!!
Yeah, we were kicking butt!! I crack up and smile every time I see this picture!!
Charlie and Brady..I love that they are so close in age!

5 comments:
Great random photos! Love the Granner pics, and the ones of Charlie's smiles!! And Brady's! I can't get over how young Cady and Mark look... I guess that is because they ARE! But I know it will mean a lot to him later that you have been so open to seeing them and stuff. He is so blessed!!!!!!!!
ha! love the pic of charlie playing poker. start them early! :)
love all the pics!
that is so neat y'all got to get those pictures and meet the birth dad. i think you are doing an amazing job balancing all aspects of charlie's life. he is so blessed to be in your family!
So I still stand by my original comment....prettiest baby EVER! I love the picture updates. I have to say that Mark's family looks very sweet. And yes his shirt was weird. His brother was very nice looking...beautiful skin and smile. I have a feeling Charlie is going to be fighting off the ladies in about 16 years cause he is going to be a looker! hee hee Start praying now. :)
Hi! My name is Stephanie(Richter)Mack
I went to nursing school with you. I have a twin sister named Amber. I found your blog and am so excited
about your recent adoption. When I saw the picture of Mark and his brother and mother I just had to comment. Jon-Michael ( or Mikey as I knew him) was my Wildcat Kid. I knew the picture looked familiar but when you said polite boys and their ages I put the two together. It is definitely a small world. God bless you and your new family.
Stephanie
Post a Comment