Tuesday, July 10, 2012

catch up




So, blogging only 3 times in the month of June was not what I had in mind..but life happens.  To be honest, I have been wanting to blog and share funny stories and cute pictures, but when I have free time...blogging doesn't rate a top priority.  I used to blog in the am when before the kids got up or while they ate breakfast.  Sometimes it was at nap time and every now and then before bed.  Now, I don't get up before the kids..if one lets me sleep till 7:15am then its a glorious day:)  I don't blog while they eat breakfast because I am loading/unloading the dishwasher or changing out laundry.  I don't blog at nap time because I am doing one of two things...folding clothes or napping my self.  And I do not blog at night because I am just so zapped and drained by that time of the day that all I want to do is sit and watch mindless TV or read a book.
Bottom line people..this mama is tired!!  I want to keep my blog updated because I feel its the mom's job to be the family's memory keeper.  Between blog books and shutterfly books, I feel like that is giving my kids an awesome gift.  Granted, Harper may be the only one who ever reads them when they grow up, but the memories are there.  Lets face it..they have already faded from my brain so they will be impossible to reach in 30 years unless they are on paper somewhere!!  And poor Harper Jane, she will be the only one who will probably care and she has made the fewest appearances so far!!
All this to say, being a mom is the greatest job in the world.. for reals, but its also the most exhausting...not that I am sharing some breaking news here or anything.  Like any mom, I am only able to give a little of myself here and there because the kids get the most of me...as it dang well should be:)
So, while I would love to be that mom who can have kids coming out her ears and yet still have dinner and homemade desert on the table each night, still get to do my crafty projects,  get to make Harper all those girley things that I dreamed of for years, read all the books on my book list, blog every time my kids say something funny, shower, shave and get a pedicure...I am not that person these days.  If I can get through the day without losing my patience and going "crazy mom" on one of the kids...that is now my new definition of a great day!
They are only little once so I better make those memories that I cannot get back..and hopefully find a little time to get those memories on the blog and shutterfly..so I can look back and actually remember them in 10, 20, 30 years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute picture of all three, but that face on Easton is priceless. So cute.
Granner

Emily said...

AMEN Sister is all I can say to that!!