Friday, June 3, 2011

worst project ever..

So, out of all the projects that we have done at the new house..this was the one that BEAT ME DOWN and lasted forever:(  The paint on the door started to peel off..then the hail hit it on 4 different occasions and it was rough looking.  So, we stripped it..like 5 times, sanded it..a lot and then finally started painting it...2 weeks later....I only wish I was kidding.  Turns out it was not 100% smooth so you could see imperfections as you painted..so we painted a coat, then sanded and then painted a coat and sanded..for about 10 coats...whipped.
and the annoying part...it looks the same.  Which is good, but if I spend all that time on a project I like something fun to show for it.  The gold hardware got painted..so that was a bonus!

same.stinkin.door.

I did add a wreath..which I am still not sure how I feel about..but at least you look at that and not any of the small imperfections that are left on the door!

0 comments: