One night last week..or maybe 2 weeks ago we decided to do a family project. Charlie LOVES projects and he wanted to do a family project. I had just seen and printed a recipe for GAK..you know, that slimy stuff, so I knew I had a winner!! I felt confident that Charlie would love it, but Bradley and I managed to be entertained for a while too!!
Okay, Bradley and I had been painting..so you can feel super jealous of how great we look!
For the longest time it freaked Easton out to touch it..once he got over it, he kept trying to put it in his mouth!
I love Eastons look here...I tried to do the sneeze and act like I had pink snot everywhere...Charlie just looked at me and asked "Why did you sneeze on my GAK?"...oh kiddo:)
He was super appreciative of the necklace we made for him!
My family did dinner at my house about a week ago for my moms birthday and I knew she would love to watch the kids have fun with this project...look at the pretty colors!! The kids and adults were entertained for a good hour with this project!
By the end they had mixed all their colors and I had one big..well, I'll be honest.. it looked like a cow pattie on my counter. I was super kind and sent it home with Adam and Christy. I'm generous like that.
and apparently I'm a little crude too....
Recipe:
1 tsp of borax
1 1/2 c water
4oz bottle of glue
food coloring
Mix borax with 1 cup water and set aside
Mix glue, food coloring, and 1/2c water.
Add borax mixture to glue mixture and watch it come to life! I whisked the two together with a fork for a minute and then just dove in with my hands. The more you work with it, the more the water mixes in! And yes, it does come off clothes:)

1 comments:
Hey....I cannot wait to try this out with my kiddos (and my kiddos I babysit)! Thanks for the recipe....and the funny pics!
Post a Comment