Saturday, March 19, 2011

Easton's other mommy visits!

So, let me stop you before you go "What..she came to your house??"  Yes, we invited her cause we wanted her to come..and we were thrilled to avoid a 5hr round trip to Abilene:)  I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous, but I honestly knew things would be fine.  I wasnt nervous cause "Easton's mom was coming", I was nervous because I just hate awkward silences and such and I didn't want that.  Well, with a almost 1 yr old and a 3 1/2 yr old....there is no silence:)  It was great and I am so glad we had them over as opposed to meet at restaurant..it was so much more laid back and comfortable. 

And more importantly, I am glad I have almost 60 pictures to share with Easton..to show him he is loved by his other family, he is important enough to change their schedules to come see him....I am glad he will have this documented time to know he is loved, cared for and that HE IS IMPORTANT to them.  It really does make me so happy to see "M" hold him and love on him.  Four years ago I would have never really meant it if I said I wanted my sons other moms to be involved..It was still all about me 4 yrs ago.  But I just can't say enough...for our family at least..having the kids parents involved makes me happy and feel like..for us...that we are doing whats right by our boys.  I get our "open adoption style" isn't for everyone, but it makes my heart full to hear my boys (Charlie) pray for his and Eastons parents.  And it makes me fill like I am abundantly blessed by God when I get full circle moments with the boys other parents.  I may be overly cheesy today.."M" just left about an hour ago and I am still kinda giddy happy...but really, we are sooo lucky!!!
K (M's twin), E and M






I thought this was a great one:)

twin and E..I thought this was a great one of them also!

  the one on the end is M's best friend..we met her at the hospital and she was at our last visit too.

Charlie actually took this one:)

this was the best of the 3 that I got like this...at least we tried!

Okay, here is my explanation for my lack of blogging..as soon as the visit was scheduled, there was a sudden mad dash to get all my liitle and big projects done.  It's like when a caseworker is coming to our house..you know they arent there to see the house, but it makes me and my type A personality feel better to have everything just right! 
I'd been wanting stripes on this little ledge..so this was a naptime project.  I loved how the stripes turned out, but you could only see them from the upstairs:(...

so the next day at naptime I painted some in the boys living room.  When I painted stripes in Charlies nursery, they were perfect. And they should have been..I had no children and all the free time in the world!  These are not all perfect..my lines are..the width isnt!!  Close enough, right!!

And then we painted ALL the white walls in our house this color...25 walls total, some big and some small.  But the entry way..um, ginormus tall walls  Thsoe walls will forver be this color!!

another nap time project..

and another..see now why the blogging slacked so much!

Then there was the kitchen..once we painted the walls that green/kacki color it didnt match the kitchen..so it got primed then painted..and since I was loving the stripes, we continued on in there!  Next up is the cabinets and counter tops...I'm already dreading the cabinets:(

But I sure do love the strtipes!!

by the way..spell check died half way through..sorry your having to suffer through my typos!!..and I know there are a ton of them!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

:) I am so happy that yall had a great time!! And so happy to know that you are happy!
I understand you being happy to see Easton's other family love on him...I know I'd feel the same way if in your shoes. :) I think yall are doing a great job as parents!
And the house looks amazing! :) Great job!!

Katie said...

awesome stripes. they look great.

*Kendra* said...

Glad you had a great visit! I'm glad that arrangment works for your family....that will be good for your boys someday!
The stripes look good!!!

Tylene said...

It looks like y'all had a fabulous visit with M and I know Easton will really appreciate it when he's old enough to understand things. The pics are priceless. And speaking of pics, you may have a budding photographer on your hands b/c the one Charlie took it pretty dang good!

I also love the stripes. You sure have been busy, so I guess we'll forgive the lack of blogging this time! =)