Saturday, May 12, 2012

harper jane way

these pictures were taken in late Febuary/early March.  The boys look the same a few months later, but I can really tell that Harper looks different!
Harper Jane...my girl, my daughter...my sweet baby! 
I always wanted 3 kiddos..for a brief little bit I wanted 4, but for most of my life I wanted 3 kids.  I loved being part of three growing up.  I loved having big brothers and I cannot ever remember a time where I wanted a sister.  I loved my brothers and was happy it was just us three.  I have had just a handful of friends my entire life who had sisters..most everyone I grew up with had brothers..so that's just what I knew. 
I knew I wanted 2 boys and a girl..same as what I came from, but the birth order was a bit different though!  I worried about the boys being close in age and sharing friends and never feeling like they had their own identity.  I worried about middle child..which I think is only valid if you have two of the same gender back to back:)  So, while I was worrying about Charlie and Easton and their birth order..Bradley tells me he always wanted our first 2 to be boys..he kinda wished he had a brother growing up and wanted that for our boys:)  Suddenly, it seemed like the greatest idea ever!  I pray everyday that they grow up to be best friends and love each other! 
When we got called about Harper I had convinced myself she was a boy.  We had about 2 weeks till we found out and I spent those two weeks planning for a boy..take home outfits, names and nursery ideas.  I wanted a girl so bad and was so fear full that I was not going to get what I wanted..for a lack of better words!  I spent those weeks praying that God would bless our family with the perfect fit for our family...I did not pray for gender or race, but rather whatever would be the best for Charlie, Easton and then Bradley and myself. 
I wanted a little girl for one main reason..no, it was not the bows:)  I love my mom..she is my best friend.  She is who I turn to when I need to vent, to share a great story, or to ask advice on my kids.  I cannot imagine a life without this awesome bond we have...and selfishly, I wanted that for myself and my daughter. 
I am thrilled that God saw fit for Harper to be the perfect addition to our family..there could not be a better fit!

Harper reminds me of Easton in so many ways.  They are half siblings, but they sure do share a lot of personality traits.  Harper has been my easiest baby by far.  She eats great and sleeps great and can tolerate tons of noise..which is a bonus in our house!  The only time this sweet girl fusses is when she is hungry...but "fusses" may be an understatement!!  This girl gets angry when she gets hungry..like super mad.  The minute she is done eating she smiles at you and is once again the happiest, sweetest thing!  She smiles at everyone and anyone and has made tons of friends with the older crowd since she is so smiley and happy:)  Seriously, no matter how frustrated I am..one look at her and she gives that HUGE gummy grin and I cannot help but smile back. 
Harper is eating 9oz 4 times a day and she gets cereal twice a day. She weighed #17 5 oz at her 6 month check up...witch is about 3-4lbs lighter then her brothers! I have just started thinking about food with her.  She is sooo ready to eat though!  She watches your mouth when you eat and opens hers, grabs plates and totally dives towards your food!  Heaven help me if I have another Easton on my hands!

I love to watch Harper react to her brothers and I love to watch them beam with pride when she responds to them..and she always gives them great reactions when they engage her.  I love that Charlie always ask to have Harper sleep in his bed with him "just for a minute" each day at nap time and bedtime....I love his face when I tell him yes:)  I love that Easton calls her "Barper" and it makes me a little sad when he occasionally gets her name right:(  I love that these three have each other and even though all their adoptions are different, I love that they have each other.  Because one day..in a really long time..I may not be as totally awesome to them as I am now... and it makes me glad that they all 3 have each other to lean on, vent to, complain to and talk to.  The minute we adopted Charlie is was important to me to have all me children be adopted..I never wanted anyone to feel less loved then someone else because of how they joined our family.  I'm happy that while all their stories are different, they are also so similar.

alright, the bows...are freaking awesome!!!! 
I love dressing this girl and I love shopping for this girl!!  I love to dress my boys, but after dressing 2 boys for a few years, I totally appreciate the fun change up that is dressing a girl.  I love picking out her clothes each night and grabbing matching "head gear"!  We stay home most days..and every day you will find Harper in a dress, romper or dressy something.  I'm not even sure why I have a drawer full of onesies..they never make it on her!  I love to dress her up and even if we never intend to leave the house you can almost always find her in a dress and bow!

I love Harper's rolls..she is my rolly-ist baby yet.  I keep waiting for rolls to be the new "in thing"....I'd be adorable..:)
Having Harper at home has been everything I always dreamed it would be(except in my original dreams you were mixed races and we had loads of fun with your hair) and I look forward to many years of having my girlie time with you and bonding with you. I also pray that you are so much better to me as a teenager then I was to my mom and dad...for reals, tween/teenage girls scare me...scare.the.crap.out.of.me.:)


Harper Jane..you are amazing.  You make me smile and I find I am just smitten with you..not more so then I was with your brothers..just in a different way.  Something about you sweet girl is just different..and it is exactly what I hoped and prayed it would be.  I love you Harper Jane..you are the perfect ending to our adoption journeys!

1 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, the PRECIOUSNESS! She is just so very very yummy....