Monday, December 5, 2011

Florida part 1

I am behind on blogging and it's not just cause I am usually doing a million other things before blogging, although that's true too!  I have been fighting with blogger to upload my photos.  It took me 5 tries to get these up..arrgh:(  Anyway, we had a great time and my kids surprised the heck out of me by doing amazing on the 11.5 hr trip there and 13 hr trip home.  They seriously rocked it!!  They did great sleeping in the hotel too, which just made for a even better trip when the kids were rested and almost always happy!  I was worried that 19 people in one house would be real loud and very overwhelming.  I was super surprised that I never once felt like I wanted to cover my ears and curl up in fetal position! 
 It was a great trip and I am super glad we went!
Because of blogger being difficult..these pictures are all over the place:(  Sorry, I'm to whipped to move them all around!
Flying a kite was super fun..for 2 minutes and then Charlie was over it!
Presley..I love this picture
Presley actually fell asleep like this..not for long but you could totally see it coming the minute they started covering her up!
Christy and Mom burying Noah and Presley.
Miss Kirkley got in on the fun!  This girl never stopped cracking me up!  Her mommy and daddy must always stay super entertained with her around:)
Charlie got buried too!
I was hopeful that Easton would fall asleep too..but no such luck!!
I'm sure there was a sign somewhere that said "don't feed the birds", but I never saw it!  What a great way to entertain the kids! That is until your done feeding the birds..and they did not get the memo..and steal your french fries out of your hand..creepy birds..
Miss Harper enjoyed herself and never made a peep until she got hungry!  She stayed quietly tucked away in her basket:)
Love her little eye peeking out!
I love watching all the nieces and nephews holding sweet Harper.  They were so good to her and always wanted to love on her!  I could not find my picture of Kirkley holding her, but when she did, she cracked me up!  Everyone that holds Harper always says "Shes so tiny and light"..everyone except our te-tiny Kirkley.  Her first words were "She is heavy, she is so big"! Followed by "I'm done!"
Sweet Easton loving and patting on Aric...have I said how much I love that he always pats you when he hugs and loves on you:)
Our bathroom=Harper's bed.  I figured if my parents could put me in a drawer as  baby, then I could stick her in a basket on the bathroom counter!  I was worried about her waking the boys since we were all in one hotel room together..but she never once woke the boys.  She actually slept so good I considered trying this at home:)
I still love, love, love baby legs!  FYI, these are from Hobby Lobby for $4!!
I love that Easton always sleeps like this..arms up and they are usually tucked behind his head.  His left eye is usually half open..kinda creepy:)  I was so happy to see that the boys slept on the pull out bed..together..by themselves!  That meant Daddy and I did not have to sleep on that bumpy bed:)  One night Charlie had a sleepover at Noah's house and we put Easton to bed while we were still up doing things in the hotel room and we looked over 5 min later and we saw him fast asleep....that kid is AMAZING at how great he sleeps!!!!!
Went to an airplane museum..kids had a blast!  Pretty sure there was a sign somewhere that said stay off planes...we were those people..
I love spending all that time with family..my kids are surrounded by their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents...I feel like I am getting a break!!  With 8 cousins and a brother to play with...I hardly saw my boys!

What, your kids don't eat pine needles to entertain you?

I saw this picture and thought, yep..you can soooo tell I am on day 4 with 11 hrs of sleep.  Yes, I was sleep deprived this trip..and I cant even blame Harper!  On Wed when we drove we got there at 4am and I was woken up at 7 by my sweet boys!  I did not sleep on the way down since I think someone should always keep the driver, my dad, company.  Bradley did not feel the same way...  Thursday night me and the sisters-in-laws went black Friday shopping..and we got in at 4:30am...and my sweet boys woke me up at 7:30!  I'm surprised I was walking on Friday..I usually require A LOT of sleep...guess with three kids my body is getting the memo that sleep is no more!
I love how close the oldest 3 girls and oldest 3 boys are..I hope the younger set gets to grow up the same way:)
Grateful that Christy stepped in as I was about to kill my child for misbehaving.   I was wrangling Easton while holding Harper and trying to get on to Charlie while Bradley had stepped into the bathroom...why do kids know they can act up when someone is in the bathroom or feeding the baby?????  Anyway, grateful that she set him straight and then made him smile!
This is Harper at the beach..I promise she is in there!!
Daddy showing Charlie how to fly a kite and reminding him over and over "Not to let the string go!"
Brady got cold and his mama decided to warm him up!
I want it to be November and to have a tan like that..who am I kidding..I'll take a tan any month!
Kinda wished I lived near a beach after our fun play day:)

2 comments:

Amber said...

If you download Windows Live Writer it takes away all the Blogger frustrations!

Jodi said...

Thanks for that tip, Amber!

And there are no words to describe how much I love this post. Can't wait for Part 2.